Recruiting Powerhouse Faculty
The Office of the Provost through its office of Faculty Recruitment, Retention, Equity, and Diversity strives to ensure that the University of Houston recruits and retains an excellent and diverse faculty. This is accomplished by partnering with search committees and stakeholders to identify and hire the best talent and making sure it is diverse and representative of the talent pool and the UH student population. This toolkit includes resources, guidelines and practical suggestions that will help make this task more productive and successful.
For questions regarding the faculty hiring process, please email email@example.com.
Offer Letter Templates:
- Tenure Track Offer Letter (.docx)
- Tenured Offer Letter (.docx)
- Research Offer Letter (.docx)
- Non Tenure Track Offer Letter - Benefits Eligible (.docx)
- Non Tenure Track Offer Letter - Non-benefits Eligible (.docx)
Additional Forms and Policies
For additional forms pertaining to faculty, see below. All forms and questions may be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Faculty Pay Options Form (.doc)
- Joint Appointment Request Form (.doc)
- Request for Leave of Absence Form (.doc)
- Faculty Separation Form (.doc)
- Summer Agreement (.doc)
- Non-Tenure Track Faculty Reappointment Agreement (.doc)
- Textbook and Educational Materials Policy
- Faculty Criminal History Investigation (CHRI)
- Voluntary Modification of Employment (VMOE) (.docx)
- Tenure Track, Clinical and Instructional Faculty Employment Acceptance Form (.doc)
- Non Tenure Track Faculty Employment Acceptance Form (.docx)
- Merit Raise Memo
- Competitive Salary Adjustment Initiative
Promotion and Tenure Process
The University of Houston promotion and tenure process is an electronic process using a SharePoint site. For confidentiality and security purposes, access to the Site is limited to specific time periods and accessible only by current year candidates and reviewers.
The following is a collection of links to information about the various governance organizations at the University of Houston central campus.