Faculty Openings : College of Technology
INFORMATION AND LOGISTICS TECHNOLOGY
Instructional Assistant Professor - Computer Information Systems - Non-Tenure-Track
The Department of Information and Logistics Technology at the University of Houston invites applications for instructional faculty position at the rank of Instructional Assistant Professor teaching in the area of Computer Information Systems beginning in fall 2013.
Preferred candidate will have an earned doctorate in a Computer Information Systems related field; Masters Degree candidates will be considered. Applicants should exhibit competence in teaching as well as demonstrated knowledge, skills, and practical experience in two or more of the following specialties within Computer Information Systems:
- Systems Analysis and Design
- Application Development, including Mobile and/or Web Application Development
- Cloud Services Development
- Multilanguage (Java, C#, C++, HTML, etc.) Development Environments
- COBIT or ITIL Service Delivery Models
- Database Management
- Database Administration
The successful candidate is expected to teach undergraduate courses in two or more of these specialties, participate in professional growth and development opportunities, mentor and consult with students, and provide service to the community. The successful candidate will also work with industry leaders/organizations to facilitate the employment of CIS program graduates.
The Department is experiencing strong growth and expects this trend to continue. More information about the Department of Information and Logistics Technology can be found at http://www.tech.uh.edu/ilt.
Application packets should include a printed and electronic copy of the following:
- current vita/resume;
- three references;
- the applicant's philosophy regarding the role of a faculty member with regard to teaching, and service;
- Evidence of teaching and service activities and experiences, such as student evaluation of faculty performance, teaching portfolio, college or university service activities, and/or public and business service activities,
You must possess a related Master's Degree or higher and demonstrate knowledge, skills, and experience in two or more of the Computer Information Systems fields specified above,
All application packages with a single CD should be sent to the following address:
ILT CIS Faculty Search Committee
Ray Cline, Chair
University of Houston
Department of Information and Logistics Technology
312 Technology Building
Houston, TX 77204-4023
Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action:
The University of Houston is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.