For a listing of current vice provosts, deans, and listings of the academic affairs offices, please click here.
Graduate Assistant Success Task Force Report:
The Graduate Assistant Success Task Force aimed to examine graduate assistant policies across the colleges at the University, in order to recruit and retain graduate students of the highest quality, as well as optimize the experience of said students.
To download a copy of the full report, click here: 2014 Graduate Assistant Success Task Force Report
Current Dean Searches:
Several searches are underway to find strong candidates to lead the UH Libraries, Graduate College of Social Work, and the College of Natural Sciences and Mathematics. Each search committee will conduct all aspects of the search and identify a strong pool of candidates. The committee will conduct interviews to involve the college and campus community and will recommend the 2-3 top finalists to the Provost.
To see the full list of search committee members, navigate to the relevant tabs below.
UH Libraries Dean Search:
- Latha Ramchand, Dean of the C.T. Bauer College of Business (Chair)
- John Lehner, Librarian
- Christina Gola, Associate Librarian
- Andrea Malone, Associate Librarian
- Irene Ke, Associate Librarian
- Vince Lee, Assistant Librarian
- David Francis, Cullen Distinguished Chair and Chair, Department of Psychology
- Richard Willson, Professor, Department of Chemical Engineering
- Augustina Reyes, Professor, Department of Curriculum and Instruction
- Holly Hutchins, Associate Professor, Department of Human Development and Consumer Sciences
- John Roberts, Dean, College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences
- Cedric Bandoh, Student and President of SGA
GCSW Dean Search:
- Robert McPherson, Dean of the College of Education (Chair)
- Andy Achenbaum, Professor of History and Social Work and Gerson David Collegiate Professor of Gerontological Social Work, Center for Drug and Social Policy Research
- Allen Rubin, Kantambu Latting Endowed Professor of Leadership and Change
- Sheara Williams Jennings, Associate Professor and Ph.D. Program Director
- Sarah Narendorf, Assistant Professor of Social Work
- Susan Rogers, Assistant Professor, College of Architecture
- Luis Torres, Assistant Professor, Center for Drug and Social Policy Research
- Donna Amtsberg, Clinical Assistant Professor
- Jan Leger, Director of Student Affairs and Lecturer
- Jamie Parker, Director of Field Education
- William M. (Mel) Taylor, President and Chief Executive Officer, The Council on Alcohol and Drugs Houston
- Richard Wagner, Ph.D. student
- Antonia Caliboso, MSW Student Association
The search committee will be assisted by Alberto Pimentel from the executive search firm Storbeck/Pimentel & Associates.
NSM Dean Search:
- Joseph Tedesco, Elizabeth D. Rockwell Dean, Cullen College of Engineering (Co-Chair)
- Scott Gilberston, M.D. Anderson Professor, Department of Chemistry (Co-Chair)
- Dan Graur, John and Rebecca Moores Professor, Biology and Biochemistry
- Preethi Gunaratne, Associate Professor, Biology and Biochemistry
- Ognjen Miljanic, Assistant Professor, Chemistry
- Ioannis Kakadiaris, Hugh Roy & Lillie Cranz Cullen Professor of Computer Science, ECE, and Biomedical Engineering
- Robert Stewart, Director of Allied Geophysics Laboratory and Cullen Professor
- Paul Mann, Professor, Earth and Atmospheric Sciences
- Garret Etgen, Professor, Department of Mathematics
- Roland Glowinski, Cullen Professor of Mathematics and Mechanical Engineering
- Margaret Cheung-Wyker, Associate Professor, Physics
- Wei-Kan Chu, Hugh Roy and Lillie Cranz Cullen University Professor
- Michael Harold, Chair of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering and M.D. Anderson Professor
- Ioannis Pavlidis, Eckhard-Pfeiffer, Professor, Department of Computer Science
- Danny Ochoa, Ph.D. student, Biology and Biochemistry
The committee will be assisted by Alberto Pimentel from the executive search firm Storbeck/Pimentel & Associates.
Fall Faculty Assembly Presentation:
Provost Short gave a presentation to the faculty last fall which highlighted the steps the University should take to continue to strive towards excellence. She spoke about the continued success of incoming students, new initiatives such as UH in 4 and Foundations of Excellence, and recognized the work of outstanding faculty members. To learn more and see the presentation, click here.