The deadline for you to sign up for the Fixed Rate Tuition Option is August 24th, 2015.
Any eligible student who elects to participate in the University of Houston Four-Year Graduation Plan has the option of participating in the University of Houston Transfer Student Fixed Four-Year Tuition Plan.
The Fixed Four-Year Tuition option is offered as a budgeting tool to help students and parents accurately prepare their educational budget by establishing the same tuition rate for four years and eliminating uncertainty about future tuition increases.
To be eligible for the 2015 Transfer Student Fixed Four-Year Tuition Plan, the student must satisfy the following conditions:
- Enroll at the University of Houston for the first time during the summer 2015 or fall 2015 semester as a transfer student with 30 or more semester credit hours.
- Be admitted to an eligible major or as an undeclared student at the time of enrollment for the fall 2015 semester. Enrollment in non-degree, non-academic professional and public programs or other off-campus programs does not qualify.
- Enroll in at least 15 semester credit hours in the fall 2015 semester. Developmental courses are not counted towards the 15 credit requirement.
To remain eligible for the 2015 Transfer Student Fixed Four-Year Tuition Plan, the student must satisfy the following conditions:
- Successfully declare an eligible major by the first day of the fall 2016 semester if initially admitted to the University of Houston as an undeclared student.
- Successfully complete a minimum of 30 semester credit hours each academic year.
- Continuous enrollment each fall and spring during the term of the plan. Summer enrollment is not required but credits completed during the summer can be used toward the minimum credits required for the selected eligible major. Any other interruptions of attendance, with the exception of participation in a University sponsored cooperative employment/learning experience, may result in disqualification from the plan.
- Remain in good academic standing each semester during the term of the four-year agreement.
Fixed Tuition Rate and Term
The 2015 Transfer Student Fixed Four-Year Tuition Plan provides the eligible student with a fixed tuition rate through four consecutive academic years beginning in fall 2015 and remaining in effect through summer 2019 contingent upon continuing student eligibility and plan participation. Tuition charges will be based upon residency status.
Students who do not meet the conditions for initial participation will pay the per credit rate in effect at the time of ineligibility. If ineligibility occurs during the fixed tuition rate term, the student will pay the per credit rate in effect at the time ineligibility begins. For any course enrollment after the fixed tuition term expiration, the student will be charged the per credit rate in effect at the time of enrollment. To cancel participation in the 2015 Transfer Student Fixed Four-Year Tuition Plan, students must notify the Bursar’s Office in writing prior to enrollment and at least 30 days before the start of the next semester.
Tuition Rate Coverage
The guaranteed fixed tuition rate defined above includes all mandatory tuition and academic fees associated with enrollment. It does not cover any other charges associated with attendance at the University such as, but not limited to: student fees, room and board, textbooks, supplies, fines, transcript fee, late registration fee, drop/add fee, examination/testing fee, new entering student fee, property deposit fee, ID card fee, parking permits, non-traditional credit fees and other voluntary fees.
This Agreement covers only tuition charges as defined, from time to time, by the University and in no way limits the University's rights in respect of matters, including University charges, not covered hereby. The benefits of this Agreement are not assignable to any other student, nor may they be utilized for any term beginning four years from the first term of this Agreement. The student will make payments in accordance with the University payment policy.
If the enrollment of the student is canceled for any reason (including withdrawal, suspension, or expulsion), the amount of the refund shall be in accordance with the general refund policy of the University. The University reserves the right to offset any amounts refundable hereunder against any amounts owed by the student.