For past Graduation Plans, click here.
The deadline for you to sign up for the Four-Year Graduation Plan is August 22nd, 2016.
The University of Houston is committed to creating an educational environment in which student success can be ensured. In support of this goal, we strive to provide students with tools and resources needed to facilitate degree completion. This graduation plan has been developed as a mechanism to help students identify and pursue clear paths for completing their undergraduate degree in a timely manner. Graduation within four academic years of initial fall enrollment the University of Houston is ensured conditioned upon the satisfaction of student eligibility requirements as outlined below.
Student Eligibility and Responsibilities
To be eligible for the 2016 Freshman Four-Year Graduation Plan, the student must satisfy the following conditions:
- Enroll at the University of Houston for the first time as a freshman during the Summer 2016 or Fall 2016 semester.
- Be admitted to an eligible major or as an undeclared student at the time of enrollment for the Fall 2016 semester. Enrollment in non-degree, non-academic professional and public programs or other off-campus programs does not qualify.
- Enroll in at least 15 semester credit hours at the University of Houston in the Fall 2016 semester. Developmental courses are not counted toward the 15 credit requirement.
To remain eligible for the 2016 Freshman Four-Year Graduation Plan, the student must satisfy the following conditions:
- Successfully declare an eligible major by the first day of the Fall 2017 semester if initially admitted to the University of Houston as an undeclared student.
- Successfully complete a minimum of one quarter of the applicable credits for the selected eligible degree program each academic year. Most University of Houston undergraduate degree programs consist of 120 total credit hours requiring successful completion of at least 15 applicable credit hours per semester or 30 credit hours per academic year for continued plan eligibility. A list of mimimum semester or annual credit hours for eligible majors can be here.
- Continuous enrollment each fall and spring during the term of the plan. Summer enrollment is not required but credits completed during the summer can be used toward the minimum credits required for the selected eligible major. Any other interruptions of attendance, with the exception of participation in a University sponsored cooperative employment/learning experience, may result in disqualification from the plan.
- Remain in good academic standing each semester during the term of the four-year agreement.
- Meet applicable university, college and department academic requirements pertaining to course and degree progress.
- Resolve issues such as advising holds and financial holds that may delay timely enrollment.
- Meet with an academic advisor prior to the designated enrollment appointment each semester to discuss course selection and progress toward graduation.
- Students participating in UHin4 receive priority enrollment which helps ensure access to needed courses. Enroll for each semester within 48 hours of the start of the designated enrollment appointment.
- Enroll in courses consistent with the four-year academic map for the selected eligible major.
- Enroll in additional minors, majors or certificates or change majors only if, at the time of change, the additional requirements can be met within the original four-year period.
- Monitor degree progress and act on advice provided by academic advisors to remain on track for four-year graduation.
- Submit annual applications for financial assistance in a timely manner, if applicable.
- Notify the University that graduation may be delayed due to course unavailability through email@example.com during the enrollment period prior to the term when an unavailable course is needed.
University of Houston Responsibilities
As part of the 2016 Freshman Four-Year Graduation Plan, the University of Houston will:
- Provide a four-year academic map for eligible majors.
- Provide academic advising during the initial enrollment period during New Student Orientation and before registration each subsequent semester to review course selections from the recommended four-year map provided by the academic department.
- Ensure the availability of courses to enable eligible students to complete the 2016 Freshman Four-Year Graduation Plan.
- Provide students with tools including an academic planner and online degree audit to assist with monitoring degree progress.
- Provide students with an annual evaluation of degree progress, determining compliance with the 2016 Freshman Four-Year Graduation Plan and steps needed to continue or restore compliance if appropriate.
If the student meets all the conditions of the 2016 Freshman Four-Year Graduation Plan but is unable to graduate with a bachelor’s degree in four consecutive academic years due to course unavailability, the appropriate department(s) and college(s) will first try to substitute an equivalent course(s) or an independent study assignment(s), or to waive the requirement(s) to be met by the unavailable course(s). If the Dean(s) of the college(s) determines that none of these adjustments is academically acceptable, the appropriate academic college(s) at the University of Houston will pay the tuition for the student to take the course(s) required for degree completion within the next academic year at the University of Houston.