The admissions process is the first and most important step for all prospective and incoming UH Students.
- Check admission requirements and deadlines. Please note that some colleges and majors have specific requirements that must be met to be admitted into specific programs. Individuals accepted primarily or only with military transcript(s) cannot be accepted into special programs.
- Apply online using the Apply Texas Application - Transfer Student Application. Returning veterans who wish to enroll for the fall but missed the deadline can email us at email@example.com for individual consideration.
- Submit the $50 application fee. Payment can be made with a credit card upon submission of application, or students may send a check or money order to the UH Office of Admissions.
- Submit all official college transcripts and/or military transcripts. Applicants with less than 15 hours of college or military work will need to submit a freshman application and should follow the freshman application requirements. Please note that SAT/ACT scores older than 5 years cannot be used. Students are asked to contact their high school and/or college registrar and ask them to send transcripts to the address below, electronic transcripts are preferred. Fax and photocopies are not accepted.
University of Houston
Office of Admissions
4434 University Drive
Houston, TX 77204-2023
Military transcripts can be found at the locations below:
AARTS Operations Center
415 McPherson Avenue
Ft. Leavenworth, KS 66027-1373
6490 Saufley Field Road
Pensacola, FL 32509-5223
- Confirm what credits will be able to transfer.