Procedure #1 = New Department Address/Mailcode and PS Updates
Procedure #2 = Department Move and PS Updates
Procedure #3 = Updating location codes/mailcodes for Position Numbers in PS
Certain procedures must be taken in order to
change the official campus address when a department moves from
one location to another. The following steps also explain how to
have this information changed in PeopleSoft.
1. Go to the UH Printing and Postal website
click on Forms. Select Department Address Change Request Form.
- Complete the required information and click Submit at the
bottom of the page.
- CA new campus address will be assigned to you by the Director
of UH Printing and Postal Services. Your mailcode remains the
same. This information will be emailed to your attention.
- If you have any questions concerning the completion of this
form, contact Sally Rowland-Ketley at X3-5824.
2. Go to the UH Finance website
www.uh.edu/finance and click on
Forms. Select Chartfield Action Forms. Select PSGL009
- Under Action Requested, check Change Department Description.
- Complete all of the requested information.
- In the Explanation field, record the following information:
The campus address and mailcode assigned by UH Postal Services
is _______________________. Reports to
___________________________ (college or division.)
- Print the Chartfield Action Form and obtain the required
signatures, including Certifying Signature Authority at the
College or Division Level. Scan the completed form and send as
an attachment to Alicia Colbert, Human Resources at
- For any questions concerning the form, contact Alicia Colbert
3. HR Compensation completes the HRMS Department Code Update
Form, assigns Department ID and forwards both forms to:
- CHRMS/Payroll to modify the Department ID in PeopleSoft HR.
- Budget to modify the Department ID in PeopleSoft
- Financial Systems to modify the security tree for Report.Web
- Employment to modify the Department ID in the OJS system.
Please contact employment directly to modify individual
- And returns a copy of completed Form and all attachments to
4. The initiator notifies other areas that are affected by the
change, including websites and letterhead.
- Employees also need to update PASS with their new building and
General Services Bldg.
Parking Lot 17A
Monday - Friday, 8:00 - 5:00
E-mail questions/comments about this web page to: