Procedure #1 = New Department Address/Mailcode and PS Updates
Procedure #2 = Department Move and PS Updates
Procedure #3 = Updating location codes/mailcodes for Position Numbers in PS

Certain procedures must be taken in order to change the official campus address when a department moves from one location to another. The following steps also explain how to have this information changed in PeopleSoft.

1. Go to the UH Printing and Postal website and click on Forms. Select Department Address Change Request Form.

  • Complete the required information and click Submit at the bottom of the page.
  • CA new campus address will be assigned to you by the Director of UH Printing and Postal Services. Your mailcode remains the same. This information will be emailed to your attention.
  • If you have any questions concerning the completion of this form, contact Sally Rowland-Ketley at X3-5824.

2. Go to the UH Finance website and click on Forms. Select Chartfield Action Forms. Select PSGL009 – Department Action

  • Under Action Requested, check Change Department Description.
  • Complete all of the requested information.
  • In the Explanation field, record the following information: “The campus address and mailcode assigned by UH Postal Services is _______________________. Reports to ___________________________” (college or division.”)
  • Print the Chartfield Action Form and obtain the required signatures, including Certifying Signature Authority at the College or Division Level. Scan the completed form and send as an attachment to Alicia Colbert, Human Resources at

  • For any questions concerning the form, contact Alicia Colbert at X3-4227.

3. HR Compensation completes the HRMS Department Code Update Form, assigns Department ID and forwards both forms to:

  • CHRMS/Payroll to modify the Department ID in PeopleSoft HR.
  • Budget to modify the Department ID in PeopleSoft Financial
  • Financial Systems to modify the security tree for Report.Web access.
  • Employment to modify the Department ID in the OJS system. Please contact employment directly to modify individual profiles.
  • And returns a copy of completed Form and all attachments to Initiator.

4. The initiator notifies other areas that are affected by the change, including websites and letterhead.

  • Employees also need to update PASS with their new building and room number.



Quick Links


Postal Chargebacks

Find Us
General Services Bldg.
4211 Elgin
Parking Lot 17A

713-743-5910 fax

Monday - Friday, 8:00 - 5:00

E-mail questions/comments about this web page to: