How do I request this service?
UH has entered into a contract with DS Waters (DBA Sparkletts) to provide water filtration units for $17.99/month plus an annual charge of $25.00 to change the filter.
Steps for Requesting a Water Filtration Unit:
- Requesting department submits billable work request to PlantOps Customer Service, including cost center to be charged, for the Skilled Trades Shop to approve/inspect the installation of the water filtration unit. Specify the proposed location of the unit(s).
- Customer Service notifies the requesting department of the work request number and forwards the work request to the Skilled Trades Shop.
- Requesting department submits DS Waters Order Form to DS Waters and includes work request number on Order Form.
- The Skilled Trades Shop will coordinate with DS Waters to locate water tap within 48 hours of receiving the work request, provided the Skilled Trades Shop is not busy with a campus plumbing emergency.
- DS Waters installs unit within 24 hours of being notified by Skilled Trades Shop of approved location.
- DS Waters notified the Skilled Trades Shop that installation is complete.
- The Skilled Trades Shop inspects installed water filtration unit and notified PlantOps Customer Service that unit is ok.
- Skilled Trades Shop will notify the requesting department that the unit is safe to use.