The diversity of University programs and activities often requires coordinations of building operations by various departments. The building Coordinator Program mission will be to facilitate communications, support facility capital planning and represent user needs within the buildings. These relationships once built between building occupants and appropriate campus support units such as Plant Operations, University Police (UHPD) and Environmental Health & Life Safety (EHLS) will help to enhance and improve facility services on campus. This program will be designed to provide a forum for discussion and resolution for occupancy problems. Building coordination is most efficiently accomplished through the assignment of Building Coordinators. Read More...
- Serve as building contact between occupants, essential service providers and emergency responders if an emergency occurs during regular hours.
- Act as coordinator for building occupants in implementing building emergency response and evacuation plans.
- Work as building liaison to other campus departments and units that provide support, assistance and input to emergency preparedness planning.
- Serve as the primary communication liaison between campus support agencies and building occupants.
- Notify occupants of impending access interruption to public areas or utilities in the building.
- Post notices of renovation and construction work in the building that could affect occupants.
- Work directly with Public Safety/EHS in matters of safety and security for their building.
- Periodically schedule time with Plant Operations and Public Safety to discuss specific problems or concerns within their assigned building.
- Tour assigned building(s) on a regular basis to help identify equipment and/or facilities problems and report issues like doors not closing or locking correctly, light bulbs that are burned out or not working, trash accumulation, pest issues, noxious odor, maintenance issues, water leaks or drainage concerns, etc.
- Train an alternate to assume duties when primary coordinator is on leave, absent or not available.
- Attend an initial training session on the role of the building coordinator. Attend annual training session, which will be conducted by the Building Coordinator Committee.
- Have communication access via email, office phone, and cell phone.
- Be available during normal business hours as well as after hours.
- Work at an operational level.