P h i K a p p a P h i M e m b e r s h i p
Phi Kappa Phi members represent the best and brightest from all academic disciplines-a community of scholars that is leaving an enviable legacy for future generations.
Membership in Phi Kappa Phi is by invitation and requires nomination and approval by the chapter.
- To be eligible for student membership, you must be an outstanding student of sound character. Because Phi Kappa Phi recognizes and promotes academic excellence in all fields of higher education, your field of study may be in any discipline.
- Juniors must have completed at least seventy-two credit hours and rank scholastically in the top 7.5 percent of their class.
- Seniors must rank in the top 10 percent of their class.
- Graduate students must rank in the upper 10 percent of their class and be
nominated by their respective colleges or graduate programs.
- Faculty, professional staff, and alumni who have achieved scholarly distinction are also eligible for membership.
If you think you meet the criteria described above and have not been invited to membership, please contact a chapter officer.
Every effort is made to keep the cost of membership in Phi Kappa Phi affordable for current and prospective members. At initiation, the candidate will pay certain national and chapter fees. The national portion pays for the emblem (pin, charm, or tie tack), a certificate, and one year of national dues. This entitles the member to receive the Society's quarterly publications, the Phi Kappa Phi Forum magazine and the Phi Kappa Phi Focus Newsletter. Initiation fees cover the cost of the banquet and national and local dues.