Undergraduate Transfer Student Information

Students wishing to transfer from a community college or university to the University of Houston in order to complete their prerequisite courses prior to applying to UH College of Pharmacy's Pharm.D. program should apply for admission to UH as an undergraduate transfer student.

Undergraduate Transfer students should attend a New Student Orientation session for advising.

A few things to note about transferring to the University of Houston for Pre-Pharmacy:

  • Transferring to UH for pre-pharmacy does not “guarantee” admission into UH College of Pharmacy.
  • Transfer students should check the Pre-pharmacy Curriculum and Course Transfer Guide pages in order to continue working toward applying to the UH College of Pharmacy Pharm.D. program.
  • Visit college/university campuses — Come to Cougar Preview!, an event for prospective students, complete with information on admissions and financial aid as well as campus tours and opportunities to meet with current students, faculty and staff.   
  • Students who have coursework from universities outside the United States that they wish to use toward their prerequisite courses should go to the University of Houston Office of International Admission Website.