Associate Professor of Pharmaceutics
Texas Medical Center
1441 Moursund Street, Rm 517
Houston, TX 77030
MSc. (Biochemistry), University of Calcutta, India
Ph.D. (Biochemistry), University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, IN
Post-doctoral, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX
The primary research interest of our group is to investigate the regulation of drug metabolism and toxicity. The overall goal is to understand how drugs become less effective or more toxic in patients undergoing treatment for diseases such as infections, diabetes, cardiovascular diseases, cancer and liver disorders. The knowledge gained from these studies will have significant impact on developing novel strategies to reduce adverse effects of drugs and help us develop individualized approaches to treat patients.
- Advanced Pharmaceutics I, PCEU 6342
- Cellular Pharmacology I, PCOL 7350
- Regulatory Affairs, PCEU 6346
- Laboratory Methods for Pharmaceutical Research, PCEU 7351
- Pharmaceutics I, PHAR 4330
- Pharmaceutics II, PHAR 4331
- Pharmacokinetics, PHAR 5332
- National Institutes of Health: K01, R21
- Northarvest Bean Growers Association
- Inflammation Research Foundation/Zone Labs
- University of Houston: Small Grants Program; GEAR Grant
- Pilot/Feasibility Award in GI Research. Texas Gulf Coast Digestive Diseases Center
Ghose, R., J. Mulder and S. J. Karpen. Lipoplolysaccharide-mediated down-regulation of hepatic genes is ameliorated by the PPAR agonist, Rosiglitazone. J Hepatol. 2007 46 (1): 115-123.
Ghose R, White D, Guo T, Vallejo S, Karpen SJ. Regulation of hepatic drug metabolizing enzyme genes by Toll-like receptor 4 signaling is independent of TIR-domain containing adaptor protein (TIRAP). Drug Met. Disp. 36 (1): 95-101; 2008.
Ghose R, Guo T, Haque N. Regulation of gene expression of hepatic drug metabolizing enzymes and transporters by the Toll-like receptor 2 ligand, lipoteichoic acid. Arch. Biochem. Biophys. 2009, 481 (1): 123-30.
Adarsh Gandhi, Tao Guo and Romi Ghose. Role of c-jun N-terminal kinase in regulating tumor necrosis factor-alpha mediated increase of acetaminophen and chlorpromazine toxicity in murine hepatocytes. J. Toxicol. Sci. 2010, 35; 163-73.
Ghose R, Guo T, Vallejo S, Gandhi A. Differential role of Toll-interleukin 1 receptor domain-containing adaptor protein in Toll-like receptor 2-mediated regulation of gene expression of hepatic cytokines and drug metabolizing enzymes. Drug Met. Disp. 2011; 39 (5): 874-81.
Ghose R, Omoluabi O, Gandhi A, Shah P, Strohacker K, Carpenter KC, McFarlin B, Guo T. Role of high-fat diet in regulation of gene expression of drug metabolizing enzymes and transporters. Life Sci. 2011; Jul 4;89 (1-2):57-64.
Gandhi A, Shah P, Guo T, Moorthy B, Chow S-L. D, Hu M & Ghose R. Altered pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of the CYP3A substrate, midazolam, during hepatic inflammation induced by bacterial endotoxins. British Journal of Pharmacology. 2012; Aug 166 (7) : 2167-87.
Gandhi A, Moorthy B and Ghose R. Drug Disposition in Pathophysiological Conditions. Current Drug metabolism. (Review) 2012 Nov; 13(9): 1327-44.
Fahy BN, Guo T and Ghose R. Impact of Hepatic Malignancy on CYP3A4 Gene Expression. Journal of Surgical Research. 2012; Dec 178 (2): 768-72.
Gandhi A, Guo T, Moorthy B and Ghose R. Chlorpromazine-induced hepatotoxicity in inflammation is mediated by TIRAP-dependent signaling pathway in mice. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2013 Feb 1; 266 (3): 430-8.
Pranav Shah, Tao Guo, David D Moore and Romi Ghose. Role of constitutive androstane receptor in Toll-like receptor-mediated regulation of gene expression of hepatic drug metabolizing enzymes and transporters. Drug Met. Disp. 2014 Jan; 42 (1): 172-81.
- American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
- American Society for Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics
- International Society for the Study of Xenobiotics
- Society of Toxicology
- Member of the Editorial Board: Chemico-Biological Interactions
- Member of the Editorial Board: Journal of Clinical Trials
- Member of the Editorial Board: Journal of Molecular Pharmaceutics and Organic Process Research