Profile: Rustin Crutchley
Clinical Assistant Professor
Texas Medical Center Campus
1441 Moursund Street, Room 310
Houston, TX 77030
Pharmacy Practice Residency (PGY-1), University of Texas Health Science Center at Tyler
HIV/Infectious Diseases Residency (PGY-2), SUNY at Buffalo
- Immunomodulatory role of vitamin D in HIV-infected patients
- Therapeutic drug monitoring and pharmacogenomics of antiretrovirals
- PHAR 4260 Pharmacy Management I
- PHAR 4301 Cellular Life Sciences II
- PHAR 5581 Advanced Therapeutics I
Cottreau J, Tucker A, Crutchley R, Garey KW. Crofelemer for the treatment of secretory diarrhea. Expert Rev Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2012 Jan;6(1):17-23.
Crutchley RD, Gathe J, Mayberry C, Trieu A, Abughosh S, Garey KW. Risk Factors for Vitamin D Deficiency in HIV-Infected Patients in the South Central United States. AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses. 2011 Oct 19. [Epub ahead of print]
Crutchley RD, Ma Q, Sulaiman A, Hochreitter J, Morse GD. Within-patient atazanavir trough concentration monitoring in HIV-1-infected patients. J Pharm Pract. 2011 Apr;24(2):216-22.
Crutchley RD, Miller J, Garey KW. Crofelemer, a novel agent for treatment of secretory diarrhea. Ann Pharmacother. 2010 May;44(5):878-84.
Naser L. Rezk, Rustin D. Crutchley and Angela D.M. Kashuba. Full validation of an analytical method for the HIV-protease inhibitor atazanavir in combination with 8 other antiretroviral agents and its applicability to therapeutic drug monitoring. Therapeutic Drug Monitoring. 2006; 28(4): 517-25.
Naser L. Rezk, Rustin D. Crutchley and Angela D.M. Kashuba. Simultaneous quantification of emtricitabine and tenofovir in human plasma using high-performance liquid chromatography after solid phase extraction. Journal of Chromatography B. 2005; 822(1-2): 201-208.
- American Society of Health System Pharmacy
- Society of Infectious Disease Pharmacists
- Baylor Center For AIDS Research
- American College of Clinical Pharmacy Focused Investigator Training (FIT) Program, 2011
- STAR Health Disparities Fellowship Program, University of North Texas Health Science Center, Fort Worth, TX, 2010