Profile: Paige Pitman
Clinical Assistant Professor
Director, Institutional Based Advanced Pharmacy Practice Experiences
University of Houston College of Pharmacy
Texas Medical Center Campus,
1441 Moursund, Room 428
Houston, TX 77030
Master of Business Administration, University of Houston Bauer College of Business
B.S. in Pharmacy, University of Houston College of Pharmacy
- Hospital pharmacy practice and management
- Hospital pharmacy practice models
- Rho Chi
- Phi Lambda Sigma
- Omicron Delta Kappa
- Dean’s Award for Academic Excellence, Bauer College of Business 2003
- PHAR 5692 Advanced Hospital Pharmacy
Haines LA, Putney KS, Varkey DA, Frost C, Pitman EP, Aparasu RR, Garey KW. Pilot of a patient-centered pharmacy practice model. Am J Health Syst Pharm. 2012 Nov 1;69(21):1860-1. doi: 10.2146/ajhp120132.
Ho L, Pitman, P, Varkey D. Evaluation of Medication storage and its Relationship to Missing Doses in the Cardiovascular Recovery Unit in a Large Tertiary Teaching Hospital. Poster Presentation at TSHP Annual Seminar Poster Presentation, Galveston Texas, April 2010.
Pitman P, Hirsh E, Palmer HR. Linezolid Utilization Evaluation, St Luke’s Episcopal Hospital, Houston, Texas, February 2009.
“Clinical Pharmacy” University of Houston Pre-Pharmacy Association Meeting. Houston, Texas, February 2009.
“Update on Type 2 Diabetes and Hyperglycemia Management in the Hospitalized Patient” Tech Topics at St Luke’s Episcopal Hospital. Houston, Texas, October 2008.
“Staff Development Clinical Coordinator” Student National Pharmacy Association Meeting at the University of Houston College of Pharmacy. Houston, Texas, October 2008.
“Accounting for Inventory and Cost of Goods Sold and Financial Statement Analysis for Pharmacy Students,” University of Houston College of Pharmacy Management II Students. Houston, Texas, September 2006.
“Preparing Financial Statements,” University of Houston College of Pharmacy Management II Students. Houston, Texas, August 2006.
“Introduction to Accounting and Financial Management for Pharmacists,” University of Houston College of Pharmacy Management II Students. Houston, Texas, August 2006
“Transitioning Students into the Graduate/Professional Program” Texas Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers Annual Meeting. San Antonio, Texas, November 2004.
- American Society of Health System Pharmacists, 2007-present
- American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy, 1999-2000, 2010-present
- Conroe ISD Academy of Health Sciences Advisory Board, 2006-2008
- University of Houston Pharmacy Alumni Association Board of Directors, 1995-2000 President, 1999
- University of Houston College of Pharmacy Professional Studies Advisory Council, 1997-2000
- American Pharmacists Association, 1999-2002
- Harris County Pharmacy Association Board of Directors, 1995-96