Profile: Meghna Trivedi
Department of Pharmacological and Pharmaceutical Sciences
University of Houston College of Pharmacy
Texas Medical Center Campus
1441 Moursund St. # 329
Houston, Texas 77030
Pharm.D., University of Houston College of Pharmacy
- Discovery of novel G-protein coupled receptor targets in the treatment of cancer
- Drug discovery for novel targets through high throughput screening and hits-to-lead optimization in the area of oncology
- Development of unique humanized cellular platforms to test the efficacy of drugs in order to predict treatment outcomes in patients
- Study of cellular signaling of proteins targeted by drugs to identify synergistic pathways and to understand mechanisms of resistance in order to design effective combination therapy in treatment of cancer
- Identification of genetic, cellular, and circulating biomarkers to predict outcome of pharmacological treatment in cancer patients
- Individualization of therapy using the information about target biology of drugs and genomics/proteomics of tumors to improve probability of achieving an objective response and improving survival
- Advanced Therapeutics: Oncology module
- Cellular Life Sciences II: Immunobiologicals
- Research Elective: Clinical and Translational Research in Oncology
- Young Investigator Award, Society of Experimental Biology and Medicine (2004)
- First place, University of Texas Health Science Center-Houston Multidisciplinary Healthcare Team Competition (2004)
- Fellow, American Foundation for Pharmaceutical Education (2003)
- Rho ChiSociety, Pharmacy Honors Society Inductee (2000)
Giuliano M, Trivedi MV, Schiff R. Die and let live: harnessing BikDD to combat breast cancer stem cells. Breast Cancer Research. 14(3):310, 2012.
Preston JN, Trivedi MV. Eribulin (Halaven): a novel cytotoxic chemotherapy agent. Ann Pharmacother. 2012 Jun;46(6):802-11.
Nangia JR, Ma JD, Nguyen CM, Mendes MA, Trivedi, MV. Denosumab for treatment of breast cancer bone metastases and beyond. Expert Opin Biol Ther. 2012 Apr;12(4):491-501.
Giuliano M, Schifp R, Osborne CK, Trivedi MV. Biological mechanisms and clinical implications of endocrine resistance in breast cancer. Breast. 2011 Oct;20 Suppl 3:S42-9.
Trivedi, M., Martinez, S., Corringham, S., Medley, K, Ball, E.D. Review and Revision of Clinical Practice of Using G-CSF after Autologous and Allogeneic Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation at UCSD. J Oncol Pharm Pract. 2011 Jun;17(2):85-90. Review.
Ma, J., Tsunoda, S., Bertino, S, Trivedi, M., Beale, K., Nafziger, A. Evaluation of In vivo P-Glycoprotein Phenotyping Probes: A Need for Validation. Clinical Pharmacokinetics. 2010 Apr 1;49(4):223-37. doi: 10.2165/11318000-000000000-00000.
Trivedi, M., Martinez, S., Corringham, S., Medley, K. Ball, E.D. Optimal Use of G-CSF administration after hematopoietic stem cell transplantation. Bone Marrow Transplantation. 43(12):895-908, 2009.
Kanelakis, K., Palomino H.L., Li, L., Wu, J., Yan, W., Rosen, M.D., Rizzolio, M.C., Trivedi, M., Morton, M., Yang, Y., Venkatesan, H., Rabinowitz, M.H., Shankley, N.P., Barrett, T. Characterization of a Robust Enzymatic Assay for Inhibitors of 2- Oxoglutarate-Dependent Hydroxylases. J Biomol Screen. 14(6):627-635, 2009.
Trivedi, M., Budihardjo, I., Loureiro, K., Reid, T., Ma, J. Epothilones, a novel class of microtubule stabilizing drugs for the treatment of cancer. Future Oncol. 4:483-500, 2008.
Trivedi, M. and Lokhandwala, M.F. Rosiglitazone restores renal D1A receptor-Gs protein coupling by reducing receptor hyperphosphorylation in obese rats. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 289:F298-F304, 2005.
Trivedi, M., Marwaha A., and Lokhandwala, M.F. Rosiglitazone Restores G-protein Coupling, Recruitment, and Function of Renal Dopamine D1A Receptor in Obese Zucker Rats. Hypertension. 43:376-382, 2004.
Trivedi, M., Narkar, V., Hussain, T. and Lokhandwala, M.F. Dopamine Recruits D1A Receptors to Na, K-ATPase-rich Caveolar Plasma Membranes in Rat Renal Proximal Tubules. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 287:F921-F931, 2004.
Ikediobi O, Nangia J, Trivedi MV. Chapter 13. Pharmacogenomics in Oncology. Pharmacogenomics: An Introduction and Clinical Perspective: Volume 1. McGraw-Hill, Columbus, OH. In print, 2012.
Yadav P, Bhat R, Chayanam, S, Christiny P, Nanda, S, Hu, Huizhong, Creighton C, Osborne CK, Schiff R, Trivedi MV. Identification of novel G-protein coupled receptor targets in HER2-positive breast cancer. Cancer Research (In Press), 2012.
Giuliano M, Christiny PI, Zhang X, Mao S, Contreras A, Lewis MT, Rimawi MF, Osborne CK, Schiff R, and Trivedi MV. Identification of Triple-Negative Primary Breast Cancer Xenograft Models with High Numbers of Circulating and Disseminated Tumor Cells. Cancer Research. 71(24):445s, 2011.
Malorni L, Giuliano M, Migliaccio I, Wang T, Creighton CJ, Lupien M, Hilsenbeck SG, Healy N, Mazumdar A, Trivedi MV, Jeselsohn R, He HH, Fu X, Gutierrez C, Brown M, Brown PH, Osborne CK, and Schiff R. AP-1 Blockade Potentiates the Anti-Tumor Effect of Endocrine Treatment and Reverts the Resistant Phenotype in Hormone Receptor-Positive Breast Cancer. Cancer Research. 71(24):429s, 2011.
Parma JM, Pavlick AC, Chang JCN, Rimawi MF, Trivedi MV. Acneiform rash does not predict response to neoadjuvant lapatinib monotherapy in breast cancer patients. Pharmacotherapy 31(10e): 433e, 2011.
Choi S, Trivedi MV. Effects of mobilization regimens on the incidence of tumor cell contamination of the hematopoietic stem cells in breast cancer patients undergoing peripheral blood stem cell transplantation. Pharmacotherapy 31(10e): 432e, 2011.
Parma JM, Pavlick, AC, Chang JCN, Rimawi MF, Trivedi M. Does incidence of rash predict treatment response to lapatanib in breast cancer? J Clin Oncol. 29 suppl abstr:e11127, 2011.
Trivedi, M., Corringham, S., Martinez, S., Ball E.D., Medley, K. Review and revision of the clinical practice of G-CSF treatment in patients undergoing autologous and allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation at UCSD. Pharmacotherapy, 29:65e, 2009.
Tran, T., Lau, R., Barnachea, L., Batarse, B., Shen, F., Gonzales, J., Wilson, S., Tang, E., Trivedi, M. Assessment of Complementary and Alternative Medicine Utilization in Cancer Patients at Moores UCSD Cancer Center and Analysis of Drug Interactions. Journal of Oncology Pharmacy Practice, Trainee abstracts program book, 2009.
Lau, R., Tran, T., Batarse, B., Shen, F., Gonzales, J., Wilson, S., Barnachea, L., Tang, E., Trivedi, M. Assessment of Complementary and Alternative Medicine Utilization in Cancer Patients at Moores UCSD Cancer Center. Pharmacotherapy, 29:104e, 2009.
Trivedi, M., Corringham, S., Martinez, S., Medley, K., Ball E.D. Independent and interdependent influence of number of CD34+ cells and use of G-CSF on outcomes in autologous PBSCT patients. Blood, 112:4319, 2008.
Trivedi, M., Li, L., Fletcher, L., Wu, X., Yang, Y., Shankley, N. Utilization of G1E-ER4 cells to study hemoglobin synthesis. FASEB J, 21:lb393, 2007.
Lokhandwala, M.F., Marwaha, A., Trivedi, M., Banday, A.A.: Oxidative Stress and renal dopamine D1 receptor function in experimental diabetes. Clin Exp Hypertension, 29:223, 2007.
Circulating tumor cells in breast cancer: beyond clinical prognosis. NCI-ICBP Center for Modeling Cancer Development Seminar, The Methodist Hospital Research Institute, 2011.
Pharmacokinetic monitoring for monoclonal antibodies in CLL. CLL Research Consortium Annual meeting, 2008.
Improvement in Insulin Sensitivity with Rosiglitazone Restores Recruitment, G-protein Coupling, and Function of Renal Dopamine D1A Receptors in Obese Zucker Rats. Council for High Blood Pressure Research meeting (AHA), 2003.
- American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO)
- American Society of Hematology (ASH)
- American College of Clinical Pharmacy (ACCP)
- Hematology Oncology Pharmacy Association (HOPA)
- American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy (AACP)
Editorial and Service Appointments
- Reviewer, PLoS One (2012 – Present)
- Member, HOPA publication committee (2012 – Present)
- Reviewer, Bone Marrow Transplantation (2009–Present)
- Member, HOPA research committee (2008 – 2009)
- Committee member, American College of Clinical Pharmacy Focus Session (2007 – 2008)
- Member, Protocol Review & Monitoring committee, UCSD Moores Cancer Center (2007 – 2009)
- Attending pharmacist, UCSD student-run free clinic (2006 – 2008)
- Reviewer, Clinical and Experimental Hypertension (2004 – 2011)