Profile: Catherine Hatfield
Director, Institutional Introductory Pharmacy Practice Experiences (IPPE)
Clinical Associate Professor
UH College of Pharmacy
Texas Medical Center Campus, Room 424
1441 Moursund Street
Houston, TX 77030
Doctor of Pharmacy, College of Pharmacy, The University of Texas at Austin and The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, Texas
B.S. in Genetics and Biochemistry, Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas
- Objective Structured Clinical Exams
- Introductory Pharmacy Practice Experiences
- Educational Research
- Outstanding Chapter Advisor Award, National Kappa Epsilon Professional Pharmacy Fraternity, 2013
- Rho Chi Society Faculty Appreciation Award (co-recipient), 2006
- APhA-ASP Professionalism Award, 1996
- College of Pharmacy Dean’s List with Highest Honors, Fall 1993
- Kappa Epsilon Member of the Month, October 1993
- Texas A&M University Dean's List, Fall 1990 and Spring 1990, 1991
Hatfield CL, Coyle EA. Factors that influence student completion of course and faculty evaluations. Am J Pharm Educ. 2013 Mar 12;77(2):27. doi: 10.5688/ajpe77227.
C.L. Hatfield, “Evaluating Long-Term Care Facilities,” Texas Pharmacy Journal, Vol. 126, No. 4, Fall 2006.
Hatfield CL, Overview of Pregnancy and Ovulation Home Tests, Texas Pharmacy Journal, Spring 2004.
Pope ND, Hatfield CL. Male Pattern Baldness, Texas Pharmacy Journal, Spring 2003.
Hatfield CL, Treatment Options for Nocturnal Enuresis, Texas Pharmacy Journal, Summer 2002.
Carter BL, Brunson BJ, Hatfield CL, Valuck RJ. Description of an introductory course designed to socialize pharmacy students. American Journal of Pharmacy Education 2000;64:166-173.
Hatfield CL. University Hospital Consortium Therapeutic Class Review - Leukotriene Receptor Antagonists. Novation Drug Monographs 1999.
Hatfield CL, May SK, Markoff JS. Quality of consumer drug information provided by four Web sites. American Journal of Health-Systems Pharmacy 1999;56:2308-11.
Lam YMF, Banerji S, Hatfield C, Talbert RL. Principles of drug administration in renal insufficiency. Clinical Pharmacokinetics, 1997;32:30-57
Hatfield CL, Knodel LC, Talbert RL. Olestra: an ideal substitute for dietary fat? Toxic Substance Mechanisms, 1997;16:209-211
Talbert RL, Hatfield CL. Olestra: fatuous fad or fat phenomenon? Fat Facts 1996;4(4):13
Busch CL, Knodel LC. Drug-induced photosensitivity. Toxic Substance Mechanisms 1996;15:63-66
Philip AS, Hatfield CL, Wallace DA. Knowledge regarding issues in women’s health in a professional pharmacy program. Gulf Coast Women’s Health Research Forum, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at the Methodist Hospital, Houston, Texas, Sept. 20, 2011. (**Best Poster Award in Applied/Social Science research category**)
Hatfield CL, Langley PC, May SM. Process of Curriculum Development Incorporating Abilities-Based Education and Vertical Integration, Presented at American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy Annual Meeting, Snowmass, Colo., July 21, 1998.
- American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy, 1998 – 2003, 2006 – present
- Faculty Affairs Committee, 2009
- American College of Clinical Pharmacy, 1996 - present
- Gulf Coast Society of Health-System Pharmacists, 2000 - 2007
- Houston Area Pharmacy Association, 2000 – 2008
- Board Member, 2000 – 2002
- Texas Pharmacy Association, 1992-1996, 2000 - 2008
- American Association for Higher Education, 2001 - 2003
- American Society of Health-System Pharmacists, 1993 - 2007
- Texas Society of Health-System Pharmacists, 1993 - 1997, 2000 - 2008
- Academy of Managed Care Pharmacy, 1999 - 2000
- Colorado Society of Health-System Pharmacists, 1997 - 2000
- American Pharmacists Association, 1992-1996
- Phi Lambda Sigma (Pharmacy Leadership Society), 1993-1996
- Longhorn Pharmaceutical Association (APhA/ASP), 1992-1995
- President-Elect, Longhorn Pharmaceutical Association, 1993-1993
- President, Longhorn Pharmaceutical Association (APhA/ASP), 1993-1994
- University of Texas Student Society of Hospital Pharmacists, 1993-1995
- Pharmacy Council, College of Pharmacy, The University of Texas at Austin, 1993-1994
- Kappa Epsilon, College of Pharmacy, The University of Texas at Austin, 1992-1994
- Student Liaison, Council on Bylaws, Texas Pharmaceutical Association, 1993-1994
- Student Liaison, Capitol Area Pharmaceutical Association, Austin, Texas, 1993-1994