Admissions Process for Pharm.D./M.S. in Pharmacy Administration
Application Deadline: February 1
Who Can Apply
- Students who have a B.S. degree or equivalent, and
Students who have successfully completed the first semester of the Doctor of Pharmacy program at the University of Houston
A BS degree with an overall grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4 point scale and GRE scores of 1000 (verbal and quantitative combined) are preferred.
A conditional acceptance into the program may be granted for certain students based on their GPA and/or without the GRE. However, their progress will be monitored during their first semester and the GRE must be taken by the end of the first semester once enrolled in the PharmD/MS program.
All international students must meet the admissions requirements as specified by the University and College, attaining minimal scores on the TOEFL of 550 (213 computer-based test) and minimal scores of 50 in one of the tests of spoken English (TSE or SPEAK), or 6.5 on the IELTS, or have earned a degree from an accredited U.S. institution. International student also must submit a Letter of Financial Support and a Statement of Understanding.
A complete application package along with an interview will be required prior to acceptance into the combined program.
Students may be required to take additional courses to overcome any deficiencies as determined by the MS program director.
To assist applicants in ensuring all required documents have been collected before submitting the application, please download the Pharm.D./M.S. Program Checklist.
1. Submit all application materials required for admission to the UH Doctor of Pharmacy program (Pharm.D.) and be admitted in the Pharm.D. program.
2. Be in good academic standing in the PharmD program. We would prefer if you apply after your first semester; however all Pharm.D. program students qualify to apply.
3. Send a completed Graduate Application Form (Texas Common Application). Complete it online and submit a printed copy with your package.
4. Send a non-refundable application/evaluation fee of $25 (domestic applicants). Payments must be made with a personal check or money order denominated in U. S. dollars, payable to the "University of Houston." Write your social security number on your check or money order.
5. Submit two (2) official transcripts of all academic work, including subjects taken and grades earned.
6. Submit official GRE test score results. When completing test applications use campus code 6870 to have scores sent to the University of Houston Main Campus. An additional photocopy of the score card you receive must be sent with your application even if the scores are sent directly to the university.
7. Submit at least three (3) letters of recommendations.
8. Submit a personal statement of purpose, which includes a 2-page double-spaced paper with 1-inch margins on career goals and research interests.
9. Submit two passport-size photographs of yourself.
10. Send a complete Resume or Curriculum Vitae that is not more than three pages long.
For application materials and instructions, contact:
Christen Gould, Advising Assistant II
University of Houston College of Pharmacy
CSA Dept., Texas Medical Center
1441 Moursund Street
Houston, Texas 77030