Historical Timeline & Training for the Initial Implementation
Training Timeline--How Will YOU learn PeopleSoft?
• All currently active ADMIN users will change to PeopleSoft Student Administration as of March 07 for data related to the Fall 07 semester (Spring 07 and Summer 07 will be in the old ADMIN system).
• Training is in 3 steps in order to get access:
1) Experiencing Change (strongly recommended first step--you can request a session for a group now. See Training Sessions ).
2) Intro to PS Student Admin (mandatory second step--now available online. See Intro to PS Student Admin ).
3) Role-based Training (mandatory prerequisite: INTRO to PS Student Admin) Role-based Training will roll out as each functionality is needed)
•February/March role-based training will take users through need-to-know processes for March/April/May.
•May/June role-based training will take users through need-to-know processes for June/July/August.
•July/August role-based training will take users through need-to-know processes for September/October/November.
• Students will have a new Student Self Service page to access their enrollment services at both UH and at UH-Victoria. Spring 07 and Summer 07 information and services will continue to be delivered through Enrollment Services Online--Fall 07 services and activities will be in the new PeopleSoft application.
• Students will initially access their new Student Self Service page by logging in to the existing link for Enrollment Services Online at UH or UHV. Once logged in, students choose whether they wish to do transactions for Spring/Summer (and will be linked to the old ADMIN system) or transactions for Fall 07 (and will be provided their new PeopleSoft ID and a login).
• Online tutorials, demo sessions, handouts and training for staff and advisors will be provided.
• Faculty will have a new Faculty Self Service page to access their class schedules and student rosters. They will enter grades online as of the end of the Fall 07 semester.
• Online tutorials, demo sessions, handouts and training for faculty and for support staff will be provided beginning Spring 07.
• Training and hands-on help sessions for entering grades into PeopleSoft will be provided for faculty during the Fall 07 semester.
Post Go-live support :
PeopleSoft Student Admin Customer Service Center
Online reference materials and documentation
Coaches in your area
Hands-on help sessions during peak periods
Super User (Train-the-Trainer) Development Timeline
The initial group of "Super Users" was identified by the directors of the Enrollment Services Units; they began learning PeopleSoft in 2006 and have also had special training on coaching and training others. Additionally, "Power Users" have been identified in the Colleges and other units who started their PeopleSoft training in late Fall 06, as well as special sessions on coaching others.
|Super User Training: Academic Service Units Staff (Admissions, RAR/Student Records, Bursar/Student Financials, Scholarships & Financial Aid)||July-Aug 06|
|Super Users participate in validation and testing||Aug 06-Jan 07|
|Colleges & other units Power Users||Dec 06-Jan 07|
|Power Users training/testing||Jan-Mar 07|
Following creation of the new PeopleSoft business process solutions by the Project Team and the Academic Service Unit Teams, the next step has been capturing the PeopleSoft processes by the Project Team and Change Management Team as documentation. This documentation will subsequently be available online for all users.
|Process documentation finalization:|
|Student Records||Jul 06-March 07|
|Financial Aid||Jul 06-March 07|
|Student Financials||Jul 06-March 07|
|Admissions||Jul 06-April 07|
Training for Staff Users of PeopleSoft Student Administration (for latest schedule and sign-up, see University of Houston PeopleSoft Project: News & Announcements):
|Student Records/RAR Staff||Dec 06-Mar 07 & ongoing||GO-LIVE MAR 07|
|Scholarships & Financial Aid Staff||Dec 06-Mar 07 & ongoing||GO-LIVE MAR 07|
|Student Financials/Bursar Staff||Jan 06-Jul 07 & ongoing||GO-LIVE MAR 07|
|Admissions Staff||Jan 06-May 07 & ongoing||GO-LIVE MAY 07|
|ALL OTHER UNITS/USERS||Feb-Mar 07 & ongoing||
GO-LIVE MAR 07
|Reports and Queries||March/April 07 & ongoing||GO-LIVE MAR 07|
|Grades (Faculty)||November 07||GO-LIVE MAR 07 (post grades for Fall 07)|
- You will be trained by someone in your own area who has received extra training as a Super User.
- Training will be built around the Academic Service Unit (ASU: Admissions, RAR/Student Records, Bursar/Student Financials, Scholarships & Financial Aid) or College.
- Training will be designed specifically for individual roles, based on your job duties.
- A Help Network will support:
- new-hire training
- continuous improvement
- ongoing help-desk service through the PS Student Admin Customer Service Center
- coaches in your own area.
- Learning will be designed to teach specific skills.
- Learning will be organized to build mastery for the learner.
- Online reference materials, Customer Service Center and coaching network will support ongoing learning.
- End users and their supervisors will be notified in advance about registration times.
- Training will be scheduled in training rooms at UH, UHV, and at University Business Park.
- The Change Management Team will provide support for all trainers (training manuals, room logistics, participant notification, job aids, etc.).
- Learner reaction sheets (Level1)
- Pre/post testing (Level 2)
- Measure successful application of new skills (Level 3) through:
- End User surveys
- follow-up ASU and College assessments
- Continuous quality improvement plan (feedback from Customer Service Center)
Post Go-Live Support for Users
- PS Student Admin Customer Service Center
- Ongoing training
- Online reference materials and documentation
- New-hire training
- Coaches in your area
UH Financial Aid Staff members in Experiencing Change Workshop
April 14, 2006
From left, Yajaira Salinas, Miroslava Martinez, Lanysha Lofton, Allen Turner.
From left, Siddiqua Hussain, Twyla Handy, Rafael Hernandez, Maureen Sanchez.