Scope: Student Financials Rollout
- Beginning in April 2007, students will register for Fall 2007 semester in PS SAA. Tuition will be calculated in early August 2007.
- All Student Financials activities will remain in the ABC system for the Spring 2007 semester and the Summer 2007 session.
- All active ABC Transcodes will be converted into PS Item Types. (further detail can be found in the Conversion Scope Document). After go-live in PS, when creating a new Item Type the numbering will be decided by the Bursar. Paperwork will be sent to Campus Accounting to create Item Types in the system with the appropriate General Ledger (Cost Center) information.
- All active Course Fees and Class Fees will be converted to PS. (further detail can be found in the Conversion Scope Document). Course/Class fees will still be maintained by the Provost Office.
- All balances will be converted into PS as a one line total balance by student. All current balances and bad debt/write off balances will be converted separately. Bad debt balances will be converted no further than 10 years back (further detail can be found in the Conversion Scope Document).
- An Oracle table in DW Stage will be created to house the detail activity to support all student account balances converted.
- Payment application rules (Charge Priority List & Payment Overall Priority), with the consents from UH and UHV, allow all forms of aid to be applied to:
- All charges in an account,
- In the ‘Current Term’, and
- in a ‘Prior Term,’
- while allowing aid to be applied to a ‘Prior Year’ only with ‘permission’ as requested by a student (advance permission given by student) on a student by student basis.
- The application of aid will not be made to future terms
- External Org. for Third Party Contracts (TPC) will be created by the Bursar’s office. UH and UHV will use the delivered PS function to assign External Org. number, whereas UHCL will continue using their custom numbering system. External Organization ‘Organization Type’ will be classified as ‘Business’ for Student Financials purposes. In order to differentiate External TPC Org. account among campuses, a naming convention will be in place. In the Description field:
- First character is used to differentiate campuses, e.g. “H” for Main Campus, “V” for Victoria and “C” for Clear Lake.
- Following, “TPC” is used to differentiate Contracts Accounts (Student Financials) from Institutional Accounts (Admission and Records).
- Lastly, the name of the third party entity.
- In addition to the delivered functions in PS Self Service for Student Financial (Viewing Student Account, Creating Payment Profiles and Making Self Service Payments), custom modifications will be in place for:
- The selection of Emergency Loan or Short Term Loan
- The selection of Optional Fees (Parking Decal, Meal Plan, Health Insurance for resident students and Year Book) and Book Loans
- To Request Student Refunds
- To view Bills (include Due Date and Due Amount) online
- To obtain 1098T online
- UH and UHV will be using Student Financial functional setup (additional Bill Due Calendar, Term Fees, Course and Class Fee and Tuition Group) for installment plan. All installable charges will be assigned with three separate installment due dates (50% due on the 12-class-day, 25% payment prior the beginning of sixth class week, and the remaining 25% payment prior the beginning of eleventh class week). Students must agree to e-sign (by re-entering their password) an acknowledgement online to be automatically placed on the installment plan, They must fulfill at least the ‘minimum amount due’ by making payments, and/or applying financial aid. Students must also have the ability to select online for each semester an Emergency Loan (90 day deferral) or Short Term Loan (45 day deferral) to defer the ‘minimum amount due’ and retain their classes.
- Electronic Billing will be implemented in PS at go-live. Student will receive an email when Billing Process is run in PS.
- No Application Fee setup will be constructed or applied to students account. Application fees will be collected internally in the Admissions Office. The Admission module will use the Admission Fee setup function in PS SF to track application information.