Goals & Objectives of the Implementation
To implement the new Student Administration computer system acquired from PeopleSoft through reviewing, revising and adapting the University policies, processes and procedures to fit the software.
Goals And Objectives
Goal 1: Student Information Implementation
Implement a student information system that will provide for the student data needs of all University campuses and units.
- Objective 1: Provide an implementation schedule that disrupts as little as possible the current operations of the university.
- Objective 2: Implement the new system in a phased approach, taking in consideration the various student and administrative schedules and activities.
- Objective 3: Provide users of the system with report and query capabilities to the practical extent possible.
- Objective 4: Provide the minimum required functionality in the initial implementation.
- Objective 5: Determine with the assistance of the campus teams which functions will be automated, non-automated or will require interfaces.
Goal 2: University Policies, Processses, and Procedures
Review, revise and adapt University policies, processes and procedures so that the vendor's software capabilities are maximized.
- Objective 1: Utilize the implementation as an opportunity to eliminate outdated and obsolete business processes as well as improve and simplify necessary processes.
- Objective 2: Learn to maximize the use of the software functionality through training, team analysis and functional experience.
Goal 3: Customization of reporting, workflow, and functionality
Tailor reporting, workflow processes and functionality to meet institutional requirements without modifying the basic structure of the PeopleSoft product.
- Objective 1: Avoid customizing the vendor’s software, but provide a review process for requests for local modification if deemed necessary.
- Objective 2: Identify current computer systems and institutional requirements that cannot be met by the PeopleSoft product and help identify alternatives to meet those needs.
- Objective 3: Document institutional concerns and lobby with PeopleSoft for desired functionality in future product releases.
Goal 4: Faculty/Staff Involvement
Involve faculty, administrators, governance and staff in the implementation to review, revise and adapt University policies, processes and procedures and to facilitate their understanding and use of the package.
- Objective 1: Provide a variety of venues for input for the University community (campus teams, website, written correspondence, town meetings, etc.)
- Objective 2: Maintain ongoing support from the highest levels of university administration throughout the life of the project.
Goal 5: Students Involvement
Involve students in the review and testing of the software to obtain comments and suggestions.
- Objective 1: Provide opportunities for student input, particularly concerning web enablement and processes that will directly affect students after implementation.
- Objective 2: Utilize student leaders and government as liaisons for student concerns and education about the system.
- Objective 3: Increase the students’ understanding of how to use the new system and what functionality will be available for their direct utilization.
Goal 6: Information and Training
Provide information and training to enable the University faculty and staff to learn to use the package.
- Objective 1: Provide resources for the answering of functional questions as they arise.
- Objective 2: Provide adequate training in a timely manner so that people will understand how to work with the software to satisfy institutional requirements.
- Objective 3: Educate the university community about the reporting capabilities and work flow mechanisms within the PeopleSoft system.