Policies, Procedures and Guidelines
- Board of Regents Policies
- Information for Faculty and Staff
- Manual of Administrative Policies and Procedures
- Roles and Responsibilities of Department Chairs
- System Administrative Memoranda
- Promotion and Tenure Guidelines
- Faculty Grievance Policy
- Faculty Handbook
Governance and Committees
- Faculty Senate
- Staff Council
- Human Resources
- Equal Opportunity Services
- General Counsel
- UH Offices A-Z
- Center for Students with DisABILITIES
- Counseling and Psychological Services
- Employee Assistance Program
- Health Center
- Wellness Center
- Women’s Resource Center
- LGBTQ Resource Center
Conflict Resolutions Organizations
Magna Commons Training Videos
For more about magna commons and to sign up for a subscription, visit the Faculty Engagement and Development website.
- 10 Skills to Increase Your Community's Diversity Competence
- 7 Counseling Skills All Student Affairs Professionals Need
- Advanced Online Seminar: Transgender Students and Creating a Safe, Inclusive, and Legally Compliant Environment
- Classroom Management 102: Working with Difficult Students
- Dealing with Student Behaviors That Compromise Learning
- Faculty Evaluation and Review: Guidelines for Getting it Right
- Faculty Members and FERPA, ADA Section 504, and Title IX: How to Use the Fundamentals of These Regulations to Better Identify and Resolve Potential Problems
- Fostering a Collegial Environment: Guidelines for the Department Chair
- Giving Peer Feedback on Teaching: Trust, Reciprocity & Data
- Handling Annoying, Disruptive and Dangerous Students
- How Can I Avoid Communication “Misfires” with Students?
- How Can I Be an Effective Mentor?
- How Can I Better Manage Difficult Conversations with Faculty?
- How Can I Give Negative Peer Feedback That Leads to Change?
- How Can I Identify and Overcome Obstacles to Change?
- How Do I Address Teasing and Bullying Behavior in the Classroom?
- How Do I Motivate an Unmotivated Colleague?
- How Do I Stay Calm When Students Push My Buttons?
- How Should I Coach an Underperforming Colleague?
- How Should I Manage Conflict Within My Department?
- Negotiation and Conflict Management for Academic Leaders
- Overcoming Implicit Bias in Higher Education
- Seven Steps for Dealing with Problem Faculty
- What Should I Do When a Student Challenges My Authority?
- What Should I Do When a Student Cheats?
- What Steps Can I Take to Foster a Collegial Department?