- Have maintained your legal full-time student status in the U.S. AND
- Will be returning to resume studies at the school and for the degree for which your I-20 was issued OR have applied for and received your EAD card for post-completion Optional Practical Training.
- Valid F-1 visa.
- Valid passport.
- Form I-20 for the University of Houston endorsed by an International Student Counselor for reentry. If you have had an absence of more than 5 months outside the U.S. you will need to reenter using an I-20 designated "initial attendance." In this case, your immigration "time clock" begins again as if you were entering the U.S. for the first time. No off-campus employment will be allowed until you re-accumulate the required nine months of being in full-time student status.
- Proof of financial support may be required.
- Valid visa.
- Valid passport.
- Form I-20 for the University of Houston endorsed by an International Student Counselor within the last six months for reentry to resume Optional Practical Training.
- Your Employment Authorization Document (EAD card).
- Proof of employment may be required.
When traveling to Mexico or Canada or adjacent islands in the Caribbean (except Cuba) on trips of 30 days or less, you MAY not need a valid U.S. visa for reentry to the United States. For information required for travel and reentry under this category, please seeReentry from Mexico & CanadaDocuments for travel inside the U.S:
Generally speaking, you do not need your immigration documents when you travel inside the U.S. To be prepared for the unusual possibility of an immigration check by U.S. officials, we recommend that you always carry photocopies of your passport (photo, signature, and expiration date pages), your I-94 card, and I-20 in your wallet or purse.