Request for Major Degree Plan - University of Houston
Skip to main content

Request for Major Degree Plan

What is a Major Degree Plan?

A degree plan is DIFFERENT than declaring your major.

Major Degree Plans are REQUIRED in order to graduate from the College of Natural Sciences & Mathematics.

An official degree plan is a listing of all undergraduate coursework you have completed and all coursework you need to complete in order to graduate with your Bachelor's Degree from the University of Houston. It contains a section for classes transferred to UH from other colleges, classes you have already completed at UH, and classes you still need to complete. It also specifies how you have chosen to satisfy your NSM capstone requirement.

Students should submit their Major Degree Plan Request after 60 credit hours (and at least one full semester at UH) have been completed.

Students who have not submitted a Major Degree Plan Request by the time they reach 60 credit hours may have hold placed on their accounts.

Request a Major Degree Plan

The process for drafting and obtaining all approvals for the major degree plan usually takes 2–4 months.