The College of Natural Sciences and Mathematics (NSM) requires a bachelor's degree from a recognized institution and an adequate background in the subject to be studied.
- Contact the appropriate graduate advisor for specific admission requirements. There is no application fee for domestic applicants; the fee for international applicants is $75.
- Collect the required documents electronically before starting your application so you can upload them during the application process.
- Request that your official test scores (GRE, and TOEFL or IELTS for international applicants) are electronically reported to the University of Houston (code 6870).
- Proceed to the Graduate School Admissions page where more information is given about the required documents you will need to provide. There you will also find the link to start your electronic application in CollegeNet.
- Be sure to save the application ID name and password in case you need to add documents later.
- Once you submit a complete application, the department and college will review your file to determine admission into your intended program.
- If you are approved for admission into your program and intend to accept the admission offer, it is important that you accept your admission offer in CollegeNet. When you accept the offer, your admission into the program will be finalized, and you will be able to access your student account for enrollment purposes. At this point, the University will be able to issue your I-20, if you are an international student.
- You will not be able to enroll without official transcript(s) showing undergraduate degree conferral on file with the UH Graduate School. If you have not received your official transcript(s) by the time you arrive at UH, make sure to see your department advisor for further instructions.