Undergraduate teaching assistants
Application form: please download here (.doc or pdf version)
Job Description: Undergraduate teaching assistants will work alongside graduate TAs to better facilitate learning and individualized instruction in 3 hours of lab meetings for Calculus I in the fall and in the spring. Teaching assistants will attend a short meeting each week meeting with the course lecture instructor to discuss curriculum for the week and a summer training session a week before the semester begins to discuss teaching methods with an instructional facilitator. Teaching assistants will be required to attend the lecture course as well. A stipend of $2,000 per semester will be provided.
- You must have earned an A- or A in both Calculus I and Calculus II.
- You must have taken at least 6 hours of Math above Calculus II and earned at least an A-.
- You must have a cumulative 3.25 GPA with a minimum 3.5 GPA within the major.
1. Application form
2. Resume (including work experince)
3. Unofficial transcript (printed from PeopleSoft)
4. At least two faculty references
5. Fall 2015 class schedule
Please deliver completed applications by April 24 th , 2015 to:
Prof Bekki George
Math Department Office
641 Phillip G Hoffman Hall (PGH)
If you have any questions, please contact Prof. Bekki George at email@example.com