The Department of Mathematics, at the University of Houston, is launching a new Master program in Statistics and Data Science starting Fall 2017. This is a full-time Hybrid program which consists of 30 credit hours and can be completed in 1 year (Fall, Spring, and Summer semesters).
Key features of the program:
- Build a solid foundation for students to learn Statistics and Data Science
- Learning fundamental skills in Modeling and Analysis of Complex Data
- Hands-on experience through didactic in class learning and research project practice
- Improve programming skills to the professional level for data analytics
- Streamline training through a one year program with 30 credits
- Broaden knowledge to statistical research and machine learning
- Applications to Biomedical Science, Human Genome, and Oil-Gas Industry, etc.
- Require a minimal prerequisite of mathematical / statistical knowledge and programing languages
- Mentored by experienced professors of many years teaching and research.
- Most efficient and cost-effective professional degree program in the Houston area
A Sample of Courses:
- Fall semester (4 required):
- Probability and Statistics I
- Linear Models and Regression Analysis I
- Statistical Computing
- Introduction to Stochastic Processes I
- Spring semester (4 requied):
- Probability and Statistics II
- Design of Experiments
- Multivariate Statistical Analysis
- Data Mining and Automatic Learning
- Summer Research Project (3 credits required): to work on a biomedical or industrial problem mentored by a statistics faculty in the department.
- Elective (1 course either Fall or Spring semester)
For a list of current students in the program, please click this link.
To view the poster, click this link.
Spring 2018 MSDS Open House
Admissions: Application Deadline: July 1, 2017 (Fall semester only)
Texas resident tuition: $527/credit hour (approximately $16,710 for the program)
To apply, please click this Collegenet link.
Contact: Wenjiang Fu, PhD. Professor and Program Director, Fuw@math.uh.edu, (713) 743-7279, PGH 684
Mailing Address: Department of Mathematics, University of Houston, 3551 Cullen Blvd., 641 Philip G. Hoffman Hall, Houston, TX 77204-3008