EAS Student Organizations Calendar
The American Association of Petroleum Geologists is the world’s largest geological group and strives for the advancement in geological technology and research while providing a wide variety of professional opportunities such as conferences, publications, and educational services. The University of Houston’s AAPG Student Chapter bridges the gap between professionals and UH geoscience students interested in careers in oil and gas exploration. UH AAPG hosts monthly meetings, guest lecturers from academia and industry, field trips, and other social activities that are geared toward promoting student involvement in petroleum geology. Meetings are held on campus and are open to students, faculty, and industry professionals.
- President: Lucien Nana Yobo email@example.com
- Vice President: Joshua Flores firstname.lastname@example.org
- Treasurer / Web Master: Juhi Aggarwal email@example.com
- Secretary: Weihang Yang firstname.lastname@example.org
- Social Chair: Pin Lin email@example.com
- Event Coordinator : Andrew Steier firstname.lastname@example.org
- Event Coordinator : Eric Lunn email@example.com
The University of Houston student chapter of the Association of Environmental and Engineering Geologists (AEG) is a student organization dedicated to education and advancements in environmental and engineering geology, geophysics, and hydrogeology. The activities of the chapter range from seminar series to field trips and outreach. AEG membership is free for students and is open to any interested student. AEG contributes to its members’ professional success and the public welfare by providing leadership, advocacy, and opportunities to be involved in applied research.
- President: Tamara Sharp
- Vice President: Ashley Guerrediaga
- Treasurer: Kasey Mahaney
- Secretary: Elizabeth Klovenski
- Executive Assistant: Sheila Hernandez
- Head of Fundraising: Timothy Lee
The American Meteorological Society Student Chapter is a student organization designed to foster the academic and professional growth of students pursuing meteorology or other related fields through engagement in community outreach, education, and social events.
The Geological Society at the University of Houston is dedicated to providing geoscience students with opportunities for further education, networking, and fellowship. We are also a platform from which University of Houston students can give back to the local community by volunteering. Every year, GeoSociety volunteers at local geosciences events, hosts social gatherings, and takes members on a winter field trip to a unique geologic location. GeoSociety hosts monthly meetings which are open to all university students and faculty.
- President: Kavindu Jayanetti firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vice President: Nnaemeka Dimiri email@example.com
- Treasurer: Arvidas Gyatsyavichyus firstname.lastname@example.org
- Secretary: Emily Stibbe email@example.com
- Organizing Officer : Guillermo Reggeti Reggeti920@gmail.com
- Organizing Officer : Eleanor Dietz Eleanor.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Marketing Chair : Igor Cancado email@example.com
- Historian : Karen Scarbrough Inspiration31415@gmail.com
SEG Wavelets is the University of Houston's Society of Exploration Geophysicists student chapter. It devoted to promoting education in geophysics. We work with professional organizations, industry professionals, University of Houston faculty, and other EAS student organizations to bring those students educational, social, and possible future employment opportunities.
Other Geoscience Organizations
- Houston Geological Society (co-sponsor of annual UH Robert E. Sheriff Lecture, fall semester)
- Geophysical Society of Houston (co-sponsor of annual UH Milton Dobrin Lecture, spring semester)
- Geological Society of America
- American Geophysical Union
- Society of Exploration Geophysicists (sponsor of the UH SEG Wavelets)
- American Association of Petroleum Geologists (sponsor of the UH AAPG Wildcatters)
- Association of Environmental and Engineering Geologists (sponsor of UH AEG group)