Travel - University of Houston
Skip to main content


  • Please submit all travel documents for all  upcoming business/academic trips to the EAS Requests Ticketing System.
    • First time travelers must be entered into the UH system as vendors and CONCUR travelers prior to submitting a travel request.
      • Vendor ID forms may be found here
      • Please contact Laura Bell with any questions regarding your status as a vendor and CONCUR traveler.
    • Travel that takes place without a prior travel request will no longer be reimbursed.  The following deadlines are applicable for all employees, prospective employees, students, and university guests.
      • Domestic travel requires travel requests be submitted at least  3 weeks in advance.
      • Group travel requires all travel requests be submitted at least  2 months in advance.
      • Foreign travel requires travel requests be submitted at least  6 weeks in advance, and the following items are required:
        1. Foreign Travel Specific Statement Addendum
        2. Travel Request
        3. Export Control and Travel Embargo Form
        4. Paid economy class airfare


  • All airfare purchased or reimbursed by the department must be economy class.
  • Airfare that includes personal travel dates cannot by purchased directly by the department.
  • All airfare purchased or reimbursed using federal grants must use a US carrier.  If a US carrier is not available, see the Fly America Act form.

Travel Reimbursements (Non-Overnight and Overnight)

  • Only 1 travel reimbursement per trip is allowed.
  • Submit all receipts no later than 45 days after returning from your trip. Late receipts will not be reimbursed.
  • Please note non-overnight travelers may receive reimbursement for mileage, tolls, and parking. No food or drinks will be reimbursed for non-overnight travel.
  • Vacation Packages: Avoid purchasing vacation packages from Travelocity, Priceline, etc. which combines hotel, airfare, rental car, etc. since prices are not itemized and will not be accepted by Accounts Payable.


  • Only airfare may be purchased using the Department T-Card. Hotel reservations and other travel costs will be reimbursed once the appropriate receipts are received.
  • For UH employees ONLY, please speak with Laura Bell directly if you are interested in using a multi-user T-Card during your travel.


  • Travelers are allowed a 1-day stay before and after conference dates at destination city. A brief explanation is needed if your stay is longer.

Car Rental

  • Enterprise or Avis are preferred vendors.  UH has contracts with them for lower rates.  All business related car rentals should be placed with either Avis or Enterprise, and car rentals with another company will only be permissible if neither Avis nor Enterprise is available in your location.
  • In order to secure the State of Texas discounted rate, be sure to include the following information when making your reservation:
  • Avis
    • ID – F999730
  • Enterprise
    • ID – TX730
  • The Motor Vehicle Rental Tax Exemption that should be given to the rental company can be found at
  • Please note that the above information is only to be used when booking a rental car for UH related business travel. These discounted rates may not be applied towards personal travel. For UH employee perks, including personal discounts on car rentals, please visit

Drivers – Department Vehicles (Employees Only), Field Trip/Field Camp

  • EAS employees who drive a department vehicle must complete and submit an MVR form and driving test. Please contact Laura Bell for more information and to confirm updated qualifications.
  • Field Trip/Field Camp drivers must meet with Laura Bell at least one week prior to travel in order to confirm driver status and that all necessary paperwork has been submitted properly.

Provost's Faculty Travel Fund

Student Travel Fund


Domestic/Local Foreign/International Group Travel Miscellaneous Forms