In order to ensure that our current inventory and all future inventory items are correctly recorded and tagged, we ask that you please keep in mind the following when dealing with university property/equipment:
- No matter the funding source, we are seen as stewards of public property because this is a public university. Therefore, we must be diligent in tracking the location of all our equipment throughout the year.
- If you have a laptop, iPad or any piece of equipment that will be used off-campus, please stop by the office and fill out an “Off Campus” form. Once you take the equipment off the campus, you are responsible for it. This will help in knowing where the item is located and who has the item. If you will continually use this item off-campus, the form will be renewed once a year. If you are taking the item off-campus for a short period, you should update the form upon your return to show that equipment has been returned to campus.
- If by chance an item is lost or stolen, you must report it to Lee Ann immediately. If a police report is filed, Lee Ann will require a copy of the report. This will allow her to remove the item from the inventory list ASAP.
- If you want to dispose of or cannibalize a piece of equipment, please communicate with Lee Ann directly. She will need the following information: what the item is, its serial number, and its asset tag number. If it is a computer, the hard drive will need to be cleaned before it is disposed of or sent to surplus. If you need assistance with this, please contact Jay or Jason.
- If you should find a piece of equipment that was previously reported missing, contact Lee Ann immediately so she can update the inventory promptly.
Please remember that the office staff is here to assist in any way we can. By observing the above practices, we will be a better resource to you and will be better able to answer to the Dean’s office with our end of year reports. Please let us know if you have any questions.
<< Back to Resources