Research Professor of Geophysics, Rock Physics
Ph.D., Geophysics, 1987, Stanford University, Standford, CA.
Office: 123-A SR1
- Seismic rock physics
- Rock and fluid properties
Rock Physics Lab
Selected Journal Publications
- Han, D., A. Nur, Effects of Porosity and Clay Content on Wave Velocity of Sandstones, Geophysics, 51, 2093-2107, 1986, Geophysics Reprint 10, 1988.
- Eberhart-Phillips, D. and D. Han: Empirical Relationships among Seismic Velocity, Effective Pressure, Porosity, and Clay Content in Sandstone, Geophysics, v.1, p.82, 1989..
- Han, D., Weak Cementation Effect on Velocities of Sands, SEG Annual Meeting, 1994.
- Castagna, J., D. Han and M. Batzle, Issues in rock physics and implications for DHI interpretation, TLE, 883, 1995
- Batzle, M., R. Christiansen, and D. Han, Reservoir recovery processing and geophysics, 1998, The Leading Edge, October, p. 1444-1447.
- Han, D., and M. Batzle, Velocity, Density and Modulus of Hydrocarbon Fluids: (1) Data Measurement, (2) Empirical Modeling SEG Annual Meeting, Calgara, 2000
- Batzle, M., R. Hafmann, D. Han, J. Castangna, Fluids and frequency dependent seismic velocities of rocks: 2001, The Leading Edge, February, p168-171.
- Batzle, M., and D. Han, Optimal hydrocarbon indicator SEG annual meeting 2001
- Han. D., and M. Batzle, Fizz water and low gas saturated reservoirs, TLE, April, 2002.
- Han, D., and M. Batzle, Constrain and simplified Gassmann’s equation. SEG Annual meeting 2002
- Han, D., and M. Batzle, Gassmann’s equation and fluid saturation effects on seismic velocities. Geophysics, p398-405, 2004.
- Han, D., and M. Batzle, Gain function and hydrocarbon indicators, SEG annual meeting, 2003.
- M. Batzle, D. Han and R. Hofmann, Macro-flow and Velocity Dispersion, SEG annual meeting, 2003.
- Han, D. and M Batzle, AVO and DHI, 8 th Geophysics Congress, Rio Dejaneiro, Brazil, 2003
- Han, D. and M. Batzle, Constrained and Simplified Gassmann's Equations, SEG meeting, Beijing, 2004
- Han D. and M. Batzle, Fizz water and low gas-saturated reservoirs, SEG meeting, Beijing, 2004,
- Han. D., and M. Batzle , Estimate Shear Velocity Based on Dry P-wave and Shear Modulus Relationship, SEG annual meeting, 2004
- Carlos Cobos and Han. D., Can we use frequency shift due to attenuation for fizz water discrimination? SEG annual meeting, 2004
- X-Li, Han, D. and J. Liu, The effects of reservoir thickness, fluid and Q to seismic amplitudes, SEG annual meeting, 2004
- M. Batzle, R Hofmann and Han, D., Heavy oil – Seismic Properties SEG annual meeting, 2004
- M. Batzle and D. Han. 2004, Expert Answers, P 20-21, October, 2004, CSEG Recorder.