Hugh Roy and Lillie Cranz Cullen Distinguished University Chair in Physics
Ph.D., City College of the City - University of New York, 1975
Office: 605 SR1
You are very warmly and most cordially invited to attend the 2018 M-OSRP Annual Technical Review and Meeting , June 5-6, 2018 at UH
2017 M-OSRP Executive summary - and new opportunities for sponsors and non-sponsors
Greetings and best wishes for 2018. I thought to keep in touch and share a video presentation, with synced slides, providing a sampling of highlights of this year’s progress and deliverables and plans, “ 2017 M-OSRP Executive Summary of Progress, Delivery and Plans: Best Wishes for 2018 ” . Please find that video in the link below. Thank you.
Please feel free to contact me at email@example.com to explore opportunities for sponsors and non-sponsors and the ROI.
Warmest best wishes for 2018,
Research and development of new seismic technology that enables the exploration and production of hydrocarbons. A prioritized set of problems is identified, whose solution would have the highest positive impact. Fundamental research for new concepts, and subsequent algorithm development and synthetic and field-data testing, all aimed at solving these specifically chosen problems; hence, "mission-oriented" seismic research.
Arthur B. Weglein holds the Hugh Roy and Lillie Cranz Cullen Distinguished University Chair in Physics. He is a professor in the Department of Physics and the Department of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences. Weglein is the Director of the Mission-Oriented Seismic Research Program, a research consortium supported by the major oil and service companies in the world. Professor Weglein served as the SEG Distinguished Lecturer in 2003, and was awarded the SEG’s Reginald Fessenden Award in 2010. In 2008 he received the Distinguished Townsend Harris Medal from the City College of the City University of New York for his contributions to exploration seismology. He is the co-author ( with Bob Stolt) of a two volume graduate textbook on “Seismic Imaging and Inversion” published in 2012 by Cambridge University Press.
The M-OSRP group.
- Advances in the physics of imaging with benefit for petroleum exploration and medical imaging *NEW*
- 2018 M-OSRP Annual Technical Review and Invited paper sent to Ecopetrol *NEW*
- M-OSRP: recent advances, new opportunities and strategic plans *NEW*
- M-OSRP/Weglein 2018 OTC and New Research Projects *NEW*
- UH M-OSRP News: Q Compensation without knowing or determining Q *NEW*
- Arthur B. Weglein selected as Co-Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of Seismic Exploration *NEW*
- Letter From Provost John Antel *NEW*
- UH's Arthur Weglein Receives SEG's Highest Honor – Maurice Ewing Medal *NEW*
- 2017, M-OSRP, Business Drivers, ROI, Deliverables & E&P Impact *NEW*
- 2016 SEG M-OSRP Executive Summary Presentation *NEW*
- Arthur Weglein Website *NEW*
- Awards & Recognition *NEW*
- M-OSRP Invited Presentation at Petrobras Workshop on Game Changing Seismic Technology - Aug. 2016 *NEW*
- 2017 – SEG and GSH Presentations
- Four Key Technical and Business Messages /Videos for Both M-OSRP Sponsors and Non-Sponsors Including the IBM Proposal for Cost-Effective Processing with M-OSRP Codes *NEW*
- Executive Summary : The New M-OSRP Business Model - A Note for M-OSRP Oil and Service Company Sponsors and Non-Sponsors
- Seismic Physics I Course at UH, Physics 7351 , Spring 2016, Instructor, Arthur Weglein
- M-OSRP Schedule and Presentation Slides at the 2015 SEG in New Orleans, Oct 18-23
- M-OSRP presentations at the 2015 SEG Convention and Conference, Oct. 18-23, in New Orleans
- Arthur B. Weglein, presents at the GSH -Data Processing and Acquisition , September 2
- UH Physicist ( Arthur B. Weglein) Captures Highest Honor from Alma Mater(CCNY/CUNY)
- The Agenda of the 2015 M-OSRP Technical Review
- Executive Summary Video: The M-OSRP Delivered Added Value and Documented E&P Impact
- Video: Key–note address , Abu Dhabi, March 31st , 2015 presented at the SEG FWI, Workshop: Filling the gaps in Abu-Dhabi
- Video: Key-note address , Kuwait Oil Company SEG Workshop , December 3, 2014, “Multiples: signal or noise?”
- Video: Invited presentation, 2014 Recent Advances and the Road. Special Opening Session of the SEG Convention
- Submitted 2015 SEG Abstracts
- The Mission-Oriented Seismic Research Program (M-OSRP) featured on APS TV
- Robert H. Stolt’s Reginald Fessenden Award Citation for Arthur B. Weglein
- Arthur B. Weglein will present an invited key-note address on “Direct inversion” at the SEG Workshop on FWI , 30 March-1 April 2015, in Abu Dhabi, UAE
- A.B. Weglein, Nov. 2014, M-OSRP Executive Summary
- A.B. Weglein, Video for Kuwait Oil Company/SEG Workshop, December 13, 2014
- ISS direct depth imaging without a velocity model or other subsurface information: Recent progress and the road ahead” to be presented at the 2014 post-SEG Workshop “ New Advances in Migration” on October 31st, 2014 in Denver Colorado.
Preprints: Fang Liu, Yanglei Zou and Arthur B. Weglein on (1) first WEM RTM and (2) internal multiple elimination.
- News/update from Arthur B. Weglein on M-OSRP meetings, presentations and invited talks at the 2014 SEG International Conference/ Convention, Oct. 27-31 , 2014, Denver, Co., USA.
- M-OSRP Faculty Profile - Dr. Arthur Weglein
- June 27th, 2013 Executive Summary Video Conference and Annual Dinner Update
- Video Stream of the 2013 M-OSRP Annual Executive Summary Technical Review: June 27, 2013
- Weglein Receives Prestigious Townsend Harris Medal from CCNY for Contribution to Exploration Seismology
- CSEG Interviews Art Weglein
- US Congressional Subcommittee on Energy and Commerce: Weglein Called as Expert Witness
- 2013 SEG Annual Meeting Presentations
- A.B. Weglein, Invited Presentation, Recent Advances and the Road Ahead, Opening Session, 2013 SEG International Conference and Convention, Houston, Texas, Sept. 22-27, 2013