The Robert E. Sheriff Lecture series was initiated in 1999 by the University of Houston Alumni Association (UHGAA). The series honors Dr. Robert Sheriff (our department's Professor Emeritus) as an educator, scholar, and proponent for the geosciences. Its mission is to:
- Bring some of the best known geologists and geophysicists in the world to the Houston community in order to share highly relevant ideas to exploration geology and geophysics
- Showcase geosciences research activities at the University of Houston.
This year's Sheriff Lecture will be on Monday, November 15, 2010 at the Westchase Hilton, with the poster judging session starting at 4:30PM (all posters will need to be up by 4:00PM).
This is your chance to show the geosciences community in Houston (the world's largest local geosciences community) what you have been doing at UH by entering the lecture's poster session. There are three categories of posters:
- Tier 1 - New Graduate Student
- Tier 2 - Experienced Graduate Student
- Tier 3 - Experienced Ph.D. Student
Besides the recognition, each tier winner will also receive travel awards which could be used toward their travels to scientific conferences. For submission of your posters, please send Tram Nguyen (email@example.com) the following information:
- Your name (and your contact information)
- Your student status (Master's or Ph.D.) and the tier you will be competing in
- Title of your poster
- Abstract (if available)
Please note that if your abstract is submitted to Tram before September 17, 2010, it will be published in the November issue of the Houston Geological Society Bulletin.
For more information about this event, please contact Tram Nguyen at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (713) 743-3402.