Student Information Employer Information
The Department of Computer Science (CS) at the University of Houston (UH), in collaboration with the student organization, CougarCS, hosts a career fair each fall and spring. The Computer Science Career Fair is an avenue for current CS students and companies to connect and discuss rewarding opportunities such as internships, co-ops, and full-time positions.
Computer Science Career Fair - Spring 2018
Wednesday, January 31, 2018
10am -2pm (entry doors will close at ~1:30pm)
Student Center South (UC) – Houston Room (2nd floor, room 220)
Preparing for Career Fair
Do you need assistance with preparing or editting your resume? Unsure of what to expect at the career fair or need advice on how to prepare? The department invites UH Career Services as well as company representatives to review resumes prior the fair. Below are the currently scheduled events:
- 1/17/2018, Wednesday - Resume Workshop & Review with Lauren Berryhill (11:30am-1pm, PGH 563). RSVP required through CougarPathway.
- 1/18/2018, Thursday - Career Fair Preparation Workshop with Priyanka Raut (11:30am-1pm, PGH 563). RSVP required through CougarPathway.
- 1/24/2018, Wednesday - Career Fair Preparation Workshop with Lauren Hermann (4pm-5:30pm, PGH 563). RSVP required through CougarPathway.
- 1/25/2018, Thursday - Resume Workshop & Review with Tiffany Bitting (4pm-5:30pm, PGH 563). RSVP required through CougarPathway.
CougarPathway RSVP Instructions for Workshops:
- Log into AccessUH and click the Cougar Pathway icon.
- Once on the Cougar Pathway home page, make sure your profile is updated with your major.
- On the left hand side of the home page, click the “Events” tab.
- Under “Events”, there should a be few options listed. Click “Workshops”
- Type “Computer Science” into the search bar or scroll through the list.
- Click the RSVP button for the workshop that best fits your needs and availability.
- Schedule an appointment with the STEM Career Counselor (interim), Donah Justice, via CougarPathway.
- Stop by University Career Services during drop-in hours to meet with a career counselor:
- Mondays and Tuesdays: 9am-12pm and 1pm-6pm
- Wednesdays and Thursdays: 9am-12pm and 1pm-4pm
Career Fair Details and Policies
All currently enrolled UH Computer Science students are encouraged to attend. Meet with any employer anytime between 10am-2pm. Entry doors will close at ~1:30pm to allow companies enougth time to meet with the students remaining students in line.
A UH ID is required for entry. Prior RSVP is not required.
Resumes – be sure to bring several copies of your professional resume.
Bag Policy - no backpacks will be permitted into the career fair. You will be able to store your bag in a separate room during check-in. The bag room will be monitored by a student volunteer.
Dress Code Policy - UH CS and CougarCS require dressing business professional. We adhere to the dress code policy outlined by UH Career Services. Students who fail to follow the dress code policy may be prohibited from entering the career fair until they are in compliance. Take a look at this infograph for reference. A list of resources are available if you are in need of professional dress assistance.
- 1/28/2018, Sunday (6:30pm-10pm) – JCPenney College Suit Up Event (JCPenney – 730 Meyerland Plaza). In partnership with the UH University Career Services, JCPenney is offering up to 40% discounts on professional attire such as suits, dresses, ties, dress shirts, skirts, dress pants, dress socks and shoes. This is exclusive event is open only to the UH Main Campus Community. RSVP to receive further event details.
- Current employer list (updated: 1/30/2018 2:10pm - added McKesson)
Employer Registration Form
Based on past attendance, we expect to connect you with close to 400 Computer Science students.Registration fee: $500. There is a reduced rate for government entities. The fee is waived for Friends of Computer Science (FoCS). Inquiries regarding the government rate or participation in the FoCS program, please contact Matthew Pariyothorn at firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are no extra fees for addtional recruiters, parking or electricity. There is, however, a holding and storage fee (varies by number and size) for all shipments of recruiting materials.
Employer priority registration deadline: Wednesday, January 10, 2018
Employer final registration deadline: Tuesday, January 23, 2018
Steps to register:
- Submit the Employer Registration Form (google form). If you have technical issues opening the form, please email Matthew Pariyothorn email@example.com to receive a pdf form.
- Submit a $500 payment online or via check. Payment instructions will be provided within 2-3 business days of submission of the Employer Registration Form.
Employer Registration Form
- 8:30am-10am Employer check-in, setup, breakfast
- 10:00am-2:00pm Career Fair
- 11:00am-1:00pm Employer lunch (concurrent with career fair)
Student Center South – Houston Room (220)
Welcome Center Garage located at the corner of Calhoun Road and University Drive. We will provide a validation ticket during the career fair. Please park only at the Welcome Center Garage as we are unable to validate tickets from other parking garages.
Shipping - it is highly recommended to use a company such as FedEx, UPS, etc. as shipping through the US Postal Service will be delayed. Below is the address to ship TO before the fair and the address for PICK UP after the fair.
4455 University Drive
University of Houston
Student Center South, Room 271
Conference & Reservations, Attn: Lauren Sposato, Res 78999
Houston, TX 77204
Ship To UH: please arrange your shipment so they arrive Wednesday, January 24 or any date after.
Ship from UH: all companies are responsible for pre-scheduling the pick-up of any materials that need to be shipped back after the fair. Please have your shipping label(s) ready, if applicable.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the names of each company representative attending the fair.
If you have questions or need additional information regarding the career fair, contact Matthew Pariyothorn at email@example.com.
If you are a student needing assistance with preparing for the career fair, utilize the resources on the UH Career Services website or contact the UH STEM Career Counselor (interim), Donah Justice, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 713-743-5100.