- 2015: John and Rebecca Moores Professorship, University of Houston
- 2015: Visiting Professor, Sun Yat-Sen University, CHINA
- 2009: Distinguished Visiting Scholar-Lecturer Award, Chungnam National University, Daejun, KOREA.
- 2009: Award for Excellence in Research and Scholarship (Professor Level), University of Houston
- 2008 – 2009: Distinguished Visiting Professor, Institute of Chemistry, University of the Philippines, Diliman, PHILIPPINES.
- 2004 – 2010: Guest Scientist/Visiting Professor Max-Planck-Institute for Chemical Physics of Solids, Dresden, GERMANY.
- 2004: Amando Clemente Memorial Award, University of the Philippines Chemistry Alumni Foundation, PHILIPPINES.
- 1998: Early Faculty CAREER Award, National Science Foundation, USA.
- 1997: Visiting Scientist Award, Department of Science and Technology-Exchange Scientist and Engineer Program, PHILIPPINES.
- 1997: Award for Excellence in Research and Scholarship (Assistant Professor Level), University of Houston, 1997.