Research Assistant Professor
Department of Biology and Biochemistry
Office: Science & Engineering Research Center, 545
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org - (713) 743-1373
Education: Ph.D., University of Leeds, UK
Google Scholar Profile
Effect of platinum based drugs (phosphaplatins) on solid tumors.
- 2016 Lu Yang, Shadi Moghaddas, Homa Dezvareth, Louiza Belkacemi, Steven J. Bark, Rathindra N. Bose, Loi H. Do. Insights into the anti-Angiogenic properties of phosphaplatins. J Inorg Biochem. DOI: 10.1016/j.jinorgbio.2016.07.020.
- 2016 L Belkacemi, SX Zhang. Anti-tumor effects of pigment epithelium-derived factor (PEDF): implication for cancer therapy. A mini-review. J Exp Clin Cancer Res. 8;35:4. PMID:26746675.
- 2016 S Tripathi, L Belkacemi, MG Cheung, RN Bose. Correlation between gene variants, signaling pathways and efficacy of chemotherapy drugs against colon cancers. Cancer Inform. 20;15:1-13. PMID:26819545.
- 2015 RN Bose, S Moghaddas, L Belkacemi, RN Adams, P Majmudar, K McCall, H Dezvareh, C Nislow. Absence of activation of DNA repair genes and excellent efficacy of phosphaplatins against human ovarian cancers: Implications to treat resistant cancers. J Med Chem. 58:8387-401. PMID:26455832.
- 2015 L Maurmann, L Belkacemi, NR Adams, P Majmudar, S Moghaddas, RN Bose. A novel cisplatin mediated apoptosis pathway is associated with acid sphingomyelinase and FAS proapoptotic protein activation in ovarian cancer. Apoptosis 20:960-74. PMID: 25846011