President's Volunteer Service Awards
The President's Volunteer Service Award is issued by the President's Council on Service and Civic Participation on behalf of the President of the United States to recognize individuals who have demonstrated a commitment to improve their communities through civic participation and volunteer service. As a Recognized Certifying Organization of the President's Volunteer Service Award, the Metropolitan Volunteer Program (MVP) will track and certify the service hours of all students at the University of Houston and offer the award to those who meet the award criteria and complete at least 20 service hours with MVP. Award recipients will be recognized at the end of each spring semester during the MVP Banquet.
AWARD CRITERIA & REQUIREMENTS:
- Time Limit: Awards are issued for service hours served within a 12-month time frame.
- MVP Membership Form: The MVP Membership form must be completed before an updated record of a student’s service hours is kept. Membership in the Metropolitan Volunteer Program is entirely free and the form can be submitted at any point during the school year.
- Service Hours: At least 20 of the service hours must be completed through MVP and our volunteer events to receive the award. Students can submit volunteer activities done with organizations other than MVP by clicking on the “submit hours” tab on the MVP webpage. The form must be submitted within 15 days of the date of the service event to be added to a student’s record of service.
|Young Adults Ages 15 – 25||Adults Age 26+|
|Bronze Award||100 – 174 hours||100 – 249 hours|
|Silver Award||175 – 249 hours||250 – 499 hours|
|Gold Award||250+ hours||500+ hours|
AWARD RECIPIENTS WILL RECEIVE:
- The official President’s Volunteer Service Award pin
- A personalized certificate of achievement
- A congratulatory letter from the president of the United States
Please email email@example.com with any questions.