Use the form below to request a Feature posting on the UH homepage. Use the guidelines to help determine if your request is a feature or a calendar event. Items with an internal audience and/or informational communications only or the audience is narrowly defined should be communicated through listservs: faculty, staff, student.
Home Page Feature Guidelines (created to showcase UH to EXTERNAL audiences):
- A highlight/feature should be timely, significant, and highlight a benefit for UH
- An event can be a highlight/feature if it meets the criteria
- Item should appeal to a broad audience, including external
- Items that primarily tout UH (rankings, grants, recognitions), its initiatives (arts, energy, student success, etc.) or programs, its research, its faculty or other stakeholders, speak of our collaborations with community
- Items that communicate important information (campus safety, etc.)
- Has an accompanying photo that is engaging and meets the following:
- Should be a .jpg
- Must have image that will fit a 720 pixel width x 540 pixel height
- Should not have any text elements
- By submitting image(s) for posting on the UH website you are affirming that you have the proper permission for use by UH and on our website. If photo attribution needs to be included, please provide that information with the photo submission.
Home Page Calendar Guidelines:
- A calendar event is something that happens or occurs
- Homepage events should be open to the public and related to our big rocks or strategic initiatives: student success (career fairs), energy, arts, athletics, etc.
Use this form to submit a calendar event.Non-peak Times
During the summer or slow news and event periods, the criteria for posting items as a feature or calendar item are open to all submissions.
All fields are required.
Questions or comments