We understand that is it important for prospective college students to find an inclusive and empowering environment where they can thrive. Here are some resources and services that can help you in your journey to find the ideal campus for you.
- Campus Pride Index – A tool to assess universities’ and colleges’ LGBTQ-friendly policies, programs, and practices across the United States.
- BestColleges.com – A guide for LGBTQ prospective college students to help determine what to look for in an LGBTQ-friendly campus.
- Visibility Project - A list of the University of Houston’s “out” staff, faculty, students and alumni.
- New Student Orientation Overnight Exemption - In an effort to make the New Student Orientation inclusive and welcoming for our newest transgender and gender diverse Cougars, the Orientation Team provides the opportunity for students to request housing based on their gender identity. For more details, visit their Policies and FAQ page
- Gender Diversity Living Learning Community - The Gender Diversity LLC welcomes students of all gender identities and expressions who are seeking a safe, inclusive, comfortable, and supportive living environment.
- Houston Area Resouces - For support and information, regarding “Coming Out” and other issues related to Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual/Pansexual, Transgender, Queer, and/or Questioning identities, for yourself or a friend.
- Student Organizations - For a list of LGBTQ related student organizations, scroll to the end of this link.
- Pride Partners - University of Houston departments show their support of the LGBTQ Resource Center and of the LGBTQ community by becoming a pride partner.