Resources - online
Find online support and information, regarding “coming out” and other Gay/Lesbian/Bisexual/ Transgendered/Queer/Questioning issues, for yourself or a friend.
WHERE TO GO ON THE INTERNET
The LGBT Resource Center has selected the following as being informative. We can not verify everything stated on the websites, nor can we guarantee the current operation of the WebPages.
Support and Resources
- The Trevor Project. - The Trevor Project is the leading national organization focused on crisis and suicide prevention efforts among lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and questioning (LGBTQ) youth. 866-4-U-Trevor, 866-488-7386
- Parents, Family and Friends of Lesbians and Gays (PFLAG) National - Provides support and information for LGBTQ people and those who love them.
- Family Acceptance is a resource for parents of LGBT children.
- Oasis Magazine has information, resource, forums, and more.
- YouthResource is a Web site created by and for gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, and questioning (GLBTQ) young people takes a holistic approach to sexual health and exploring issues of concern to GLBTQ youth, by providing information on sexual and reproductive health issues.
- APIQWTC (Asian Pacific Islander Queer Women & Transgender Community) - facilitates networking & communication among Bay Area Asian & Pacific Islander queer women's and transgender people's organizations and constituencies
- Gay, Lesbian and Straight Education Network (GLSEN) - GLSEN strives to assure that each member of every school community is valued and respected regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity/expression. GLSEN seeks to develop school climates where difference is valued.
- Matthew Shepard Foundation - The mission is to support diversity programs in education and to help youth organizations establish environments where young people can feel safe and be themselves.
- How to Talk to Kids about Sexual Orientation and Prejudice – Mental Health America initiated this program that encourages parents and others to communicate and share values of respect with their children.
- National Center for Lesbian Rights (NCLR) – NCLR works to change laws in order to advance the legal landscape for every LGBT person. Their programs focus on employment, immigration, youth, elder law, transgender law, sports, marriage, relationship protections, reproductive rights, and family law.
- Soc.bi - The Usenet soc.bi newsgroup is for the discussion of any issues related to bisexuality or of interest to bisexual people.
- BiNet USA - advocates for the bisexual, pansexual, and/or fluid communities.
- Center for Gender Sanity - has information on male/female dichotomies,transitioning on the job, information for employers, and more.
- World Professional Association for Transgender Health (WPATH) - The vision of WPATH is to bring together diverse professionals dedicated to developing best practices and supportive policies worldwide that promote health, research, education, respect, dignity, and equality for transgender, transsexual, and gender-variant people in all cultural settings.
- Intersex Society of North America (ISNA) – is devoted to systemic change to end shame, secrecy, and unwanted genital surgeries for people born with an anatomy that someone decided is not standard for male or female.
- Bodies Like Ours - Intersex information and peer support.
LGBT Political Organizations and Issues
- Human Rights Campaign works for lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender equal rights. Also, has great resource and information.
- National Gay and Lesbian Task Force
- Adoption Rights
- Same-Sex Marriage
- Hate Crimes
- Baha’I Faith
- Cathedral of hope Church
- Catholic Lesbians
- Ecumenical News
- Equal partners in faith-EPF
- Gay Christian Network (GCN) is a non-profit online community that reaches out to those that are trying to reconcile their identities of Christianity and sexuality.
- Reconciling Ministries Network
- Orthodykes (Orthodox Jewish Lesbian)
- More Light Presbyterians
- Steps to Recovery from Bible Abuse
- The Interfaith Alliance
- Women’s Alliance for Theology, Ethics and Ritual (Water)
- General religions and homosexuality
- Religious policies on homosexuality