Peer Mentoring Program
By pairing LGBT students with LGBT peers, the LGBT Mentoring Program helps LGBT students gain support and validation, make a strong connection to the University of Houston, and assists them in linking with resources that contribute to their success in college and beyond.Learn More »
Consider joining the Speakers Bureau. A speakers bureau consists of a panel of trained volunteers who are willing to speak about their lives and experiences to various groups on campus such as classrooms, student organizations and resident halls. One of the most effective ways to educate your campus on Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender issues is to interact directly with members of the campus community.Learn More »
Request a Program
Request a Program - gives LGBT students opportunities to educate the campus about the LGBT community by presenting workshops, facilitating discussions, or sharing their personal stories. These programs are available for student organizations, residential life, UH departments, and classroom instructors.
- Transgender 101 – Learn the basics about transgender individuals and terminology
- LGBT Jeopardy – A fun way to learn facts and trivia about lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender issues.
- LGBT Speakers Bureau – The LGBT Speakers Bureau facilitates dialogues within campus groups to answer questions and create a better understanding of issues in the LGBT community.
Cougar Ally Training
Training assists faculty, staff and students in increasing their awareness of issues that Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender people face. In a non-threatening setting, CAT teaches participants to create an accepting campus environment for UH’s LGBT population. Allies are given a placard to display as a visible statement of support for the LGBT community.Learn More »
University of Houston departments are now able to show their support of the LGBT Resource Center and of the LGBT community by becoming a pride partner. Simply fill out this application. The LGBT Resource Center Advisory Board will review your application and either grant you UH Pride Partner status, or provide you with feedback regarding further steps needed to achieve UH Pride Partner status.
Benefits to your Department
- Link to your department's website on LGBT Resource Center's website
- UH Pride Partner placard for your department's office
- Letter to university leadership naming supporters
- Department names published in Daily Cougar advertisement
- Contribute to student success
- Support a respectful, inclusive culture on campus