Under the Affiliated Studies Program, every student has access to learning abroad through a network of providers. UH students will register with their chosen provider as well as with Learning Abroad; all tuition for the term abroad will be paid to the provider, not UH. However, transfer credit facilitation is subject to a $100 Affiliated Studies Fee. Students attending programs that do not include medical insurance in the program cost are required to purchase emergency and medical insurance. For more information on insurance options, please visit the Health and Safety page.
Important note about applying for programs with affiliated providers: Before applying for an affiliated program, we highly recommend students meet with a Learning Abroad Advisor and complete a Course Equivalency Form with the appropriate faculty/staff.
Affiliated Program Providers
- American Institute For Foreign Study: AIFS
- International Studies Abroad: ISA
- Knowledge Exchange Institute: KEI
- Kukulcan Educational Spanish Community
- Semester At Sea
- The School for Field Studies: SFS
- School for International Training: SIT
- Sol Education Abroad: Sol
- University Study Abroad Consortium: USAC
Faculty-Preferred Program Providers
For a list of program providers that UH faculty and deparments have pre-approved, please review this page.