AN INTENSIVE ENSEMBLE PROGRAM FEATURING BOTH A HIGH SCHOOL AND MIDDLE SCHOOL/JUNIOR HIGH ENSEMBLE
Noe Marmolejo, Director
Cameron Kubos, Institute Coordinator
Students will take classes in improvisation, theory and history, participate in sectionals, instrument-based masterclasses and ensemble rehearsals, and attend faculty performances. Led by a staff that includes University of Houston faculty and top Houston-area jazz musicians and educators, the institute will culminate in a final concert featuring both bands.
- High School Ensemble: Students entering 10th grade - college freshmen
- Middle School/Junior High Ensemble: Students entering 7th - 9th grade must have completed a full year of school band.
Application Requirements - REGISTRATION IS CLOSED
Completed application form with non-refundable $40 application fee due by June 11, 2018.
Fees (all fees are non-refundable)
- Application fee: $40 (due with completed application by June 11, 2018)
- Tuition: $300 (due upon acceptance, scholarships available)
- Orientation/Part Auditions: Sunday, June 24, 1 – 4 p.m.
- Daily Schedule: Monday – Friday, 10 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Final Institute Concert; Friday, June 29, 7 p.m., Moores Opera House
For further information call 713-397-4452 or email firstname.lastname@example.org