35th International Piano Festival • February 1-4, 2018
The 2018 International Piano Festival invites applications for master class participants in two age categories:
- Pre-College (ages 13-17)
- College and Graduate (age 18 and up)
- Application Deadline: Friday, January 5, 2018
- Applicants will be notified of acceptance status via email only by January 8, 2018
- Master Classes will take place on February 3 and 4 and will be given by Alessio Bax, Abbey Simon, and Nadejda Vlaeva
- Completed master class application and $30 application fee (non-refundable, check made out to “University of Houston”)
- CD recordings ONLY (no cassettes, DATs, or videos) mailed with application
- Two works in contrasting styles from the standard repertoire. (One sonata movement qualifies as one work. No concerto mvts.) Include full program information and timing for each movement/work submitted.
- Authorization signature from teacher and teacher contact information, if applicable.
Applicants chosen to participate will be asked to play one of the works submitted. No substitutions. Each participant will be allotted a 30 minute segment of the assigned master class — please choose repertoire appropriately. Recordings will not be returned.
Applicants who are accepted to participate will receive free admission for all 2018 IPF recitals and master classes.
Application : IPF Master Class Application 2018