35th International Piano Festival • February 1-4, 2018
The 2018 International Piano Festival invites applications for master class participants in two age categories:
- Pre-College (ages 13-17)
- College and Graduate (over age 18)
- Application Deadline: Friday, January 5, 2018
- Applicants will be notified of acceptance status via email only by mid-January 2018
- Master Classes will take place on February 3 and 4 and will be given by Alessio Bax, Abbey Simon, and Nadejda Vlaeva
- Completed master class application (application available for download by November 2017) and $25 application fee (non-refundable, check made out to “University of Houston”)
- CD recordings ONLY (no cassettes, DATs, or videos)
- Two works in contrasting styles from the standard repertoire. (One sonata movement counts as one work. No concerto movements, please.) Include full program information and timing for each movement/work submitted.
- Authorization signature from teacher and teacher contact information.
Applicants chosen to participate will be asked to play one of the works submitted. No substitutions. Each participant will be allotted a 30 minute segment of the assigned master class — please choose repertoire appropriately. Recordings will not be returned.
Applicants who are accepted to participate will receive free admission for all 2018 IPF recitals and master classes.