Dean, Kathrine G. McGovern College of the Arts
Professor of Music
Andrew Davis is the Founding Dean of the Kathrine G. McGovern College of the Arts. He has been on the faculty of the Moores School of Music since 2003. He was previously Director of the Moores School of Music, Director of Graduate Studies in the Moores School of Music and an Associate Dean in the Honors College at the University of Houston. He holds a faculty appointment in the Moores School of Music as a music theorist, and he holds an appointment on the faculty of the Honors College.
Director, School of Art
BFA, University of Texas at Austin
MFA, Cranbook Academy of Art, Michigan
Associate Dean, Special Projects
Associate Professor of Music
David Bertman, Associate Professor of Music and Director of Bands, Cheer and Dance plays a huge and very public role at the University of Houston. Overseeing more than 450 students makes him a roving ambassador on campus and in the Houston community. He is the conductor of the Moores School of Music Wind Ensemble and Symphonic Band, and he teaches graduate and undergraduate conducting and assists in the coordination of the wind studies program. Bertman is co-author with Eddie Green and John Benzer of the Ensemble Musicianship Series published by Hal Leonard.
Director of Operations, Moores School of Music
Associate Professor of Piano & Piano Pedagogy
Coordinator of Class Piano
Director, School of Art
Director, Cynthia Woods Mitchell Center for the Arts
Director, MA in Arts Leadership Program
Director of Interdisciplinary Initiatives, Kathrine G. McGovern College of the Arts
Associate Professor, School of Art
Director, School of Theatre & Dance
Executive Director, Houston Shakespeare Festival
Associate Professor, Playwriting/Dramaturgy
Director, Center for Art & Social Engagement
The Office of Marketing and Communications is a full-service creative team available to help the KGMCA arts divisions with marketing, design, writing, public relations and other related needs. To request a creative project, submit a Marketing Request Form.
Have a newsworthy update? Pitch it to our editors at email@example.com. We love to hear success stories about our faculty, staff, alumni and students!
Please note that we require a 1 – 4 week minimum notice for job requests, depending on the job type. Last-minute requests may not be accommodated due to office workload.
- For Proofreading/Copyediting and Digital Publication requests, please submit the Marketing Request Form at least 1 week before the final project is due.
- For Flyer/Poster and Magazine/Publication Print Ads requests, please submit the Marketing Request Form at least 2 weeks before the final project is due.
- For Large Format Printing and Mail-out requests, please submit the Marketing Request Form at least 3 weeks before the final project is due.
- For Apparel/Swag Items and Special Program requests, please submit the Marketing Request Form at least 4 weeks before the final project is due.
- Music concert programs require a 2-week minimum notice. Theatre/Dance, Opera and special programs require a 4-week minimum notice. Please email Taylor Harrell at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions about programs.
Please edit and spell check all text before submitting it. Our proofreaders will review content for grammar and style guidelines, but all text should be submitted as close to final as possible.
All creative services must adhere to the UH Branding standards, as designated by the University.
Website creation/edits should be sent to email@example.com.