About the Office of Institutional Research
Once known as the Office of Planning and Policy Analysis, the Office of Institutional Research has four primary responsibilities:
- Official university reporting,
- Institutional research and analyses,
- Design and maintenance of databases, and
- Maintenance of comparative resource materials.
These four responsibilities support the strategic planning function and the institutional effectiveness function of the University of Houston. The office assumes a leadership role in assessing the information needs of the University to guarantee stakeholders and customers receive a true representation and accurate understanding regarding the state and mission of the University of Houston. IR provides direct support to the Provost of the University of Houston.
The Office of Institutional Research will be known as a trusted provider of accurate, timely, unbiased, research-based information regarding the University and its role in higher education; and will serve as a catalyst and coalition builder in support of the University's mission by developing and disseminating knowledge relevant to effective operations of the University.
- The University Community of Students, Faculty, Staff, and Administration
- The Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board and other state agencies
- The National Center for Educational Statistics and other federal agencies
- The People of the state of Texas and beyond