Once known as the Office of Planning and Policy Analysis, the Office of Institutional Research has four primary responsibilities:
- Official university reporting,
- Institutional research and analyses,
- Design and maintenance of databases, and
- Maintenance of comparative resource materials.
These four responsibilities support the strategic planning function and the institutional effectiveness function of the University of Houston. The office assumes a leadership role in assessing the information needs of the University to guarantee stakeholders and customers receive a true representation and accurate understanding regarding the state and mission of the University of Houston. IR provides direct support to the Provost of the University of Houston.
As a repository of meaningful information, the Office of Institutional Research collects, analyzes, and converts data into quality, accurate, and unbiased comprehensive facts. In pursuit of the University's mission, we are the official source of institutional data for internal and external constituents to use for planning, policy forming, and strategic decision making.
- The University Community of Students, Faculty, Staff, and Administration
- The Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board and other state agencies
- The National Center for Educational Statistics and other federal agencies
- The People of the state of Texas and beyond