UH’s now offers opportunities for fast-moving startups to benefit from the university’s entrepreneurial resources.
Located across from downtown Houston in UH’s Technology Bridge, the Innovation Center – high-quality, co-working office incubator – is at the heart of UH’s developing Innovation Campus.
The center is now open to startups from the Greater Houston region!
Startups in the UH Innovation Center have privileged access to the university’s innovation resources:
- Domain expertise-based mentors
- UH core facilities for basic and industrial research
- UH Wolff Center for Entrepreneurship faculty, professional experts and students
- Entrepreneurial coursework and training
- Internal grant opportunities to support rising innovations
- A diverse population of prospective student interns who can contribute to ongoing market and laboratory research efforts, the development of business plans and the execution of marketing strategies.
- Access to a wide array of financing
Startups working out of the university will also have the support of UH Technology Transfer, which provides funding opportunities, workshops, SBIR/STTR grant development assistance, and commercialization support.
Fast-moving startups interested moving technologies to the next level should check out UH’s new Innovation Labs.
The facility provides ready-to-use lab space designed to support chemical, materials and life sciences startups.
- Located in the highly-industrial UH Technology Bridge, which houses several startup, research and manufacturing efforts focused on energy and materials
- Next door to the UH Innovation Center
- Near the University of Houston flagship campus, giving access to highly-beneficial innovation and entrepreneurial resources, including talent and core facilities
- Set up for potential pilot-scale production
- 28 fume hoods, 250 lab benches
- Below market pricing