Our dedicated UH Lync servers provide encrypted and safe delivery of confidential data. With Lync, there is no need to forfeit the convenience of on-the-go communication because UIT also extends secure data transmission to mobile devices as well.Best Practices for Lync Audio/Video Conferencing
- Mute your audio unless you are speaking.
- If you have multiple people in the same room, have only one active audio device to prevent audio feedback.
- If you are presenting information, open all files before the meeting begins.
- The best screen resolution for sharing content is 1024 x 768 pixels.
Skype is another well-known video conferencing software. Because Skype services are not managed by UIT, the transmission of sensitive and confidential data becomes a potential risk for the university. If you have a need to use Skype, there are 3 main considerations and concerns that should be addressed:
- Always use the latest version of the Skype software.
- Disable the ability to transfer files within Skype chats.
- Disable the supernode component.
For Lync related questions or problems, send email to LyncSupport@uh.edu.