Configure Terminal for Mac
Note: If creating a new secure connection, follow the steps below. If modifying an existing connection to make it secure, select the existing connection and only make the changes necessary to make your connection match the examples below.
- Go to the Utilities folder and open Terminal.
- Go to the Shell menu and select the New Remote Connection command. OR
- Go to the File menu and select the Connect to Server command.
- In the Service section part of the window, select Secure Shell (ssh).
- Below the Servers section part of the window, click the plus (+) button.
- Enter the server name sftp-web.uh.edu in the window that appears and click the OK button.
- Select sftp-web.uh.edu from the Servers list.
- Enter your userid in the User field.
- Select SSH (Automatic) from the pull-down menu to the right.
- A combination of your settings should appear in the field below the User field, like ssh firstname.lastname@example.org.
- When the settings are correct, click the Connect button.