Eudora 6.2 for Mac and Windows have been the minimum successful versions working with secure connections to UH's central Exchange server.
E-mail Address: your e-mail address (don't leave blank)
Mail Server: email.uh.edu
SMTP Server: email.uh.edu
SSL for POP: Required (Alternate Port)
SSL for SMTP: Required (TLS)
SSL for IMAP: Required (Alternate Port)
Standard Port SSL Negotiation: Maximum Compatibility
Alternate Port SSL Negotiation: Maximum Compatibility
"Allow authorization box" should be checked.
Problem with Eudora for Mac using POP
Some people have had a problem getting Eudora for Mac to connect to an Exchange server using a POP connection. One symptom is an error stating "-ERR Protocol error. 16."
Here is a way to resolve this problem:
- From within Eudora, from the File menu, select New Text Document.
- In the window that appears, enter this text:
- After the entire text turns blue, double-click on the blue text.
- Click the Set Setting button.
- Quit and restart Eudora, and try checking your mail.
Eudora for Windows should not be affected by this problem.
Fax Us: 713-743-1410
Email Us: email@example.com
Mail Code: TSS 2002